On Topic. How to stretch a board.

Wait! Am I in the wrong ng?

Isn't this rec.overthink-everything?

Reply to
DerbyDad03

Bill wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@news4.newsguy.com:

That's fair. That joint was not a cabinetry joint, which is the subject we're mainly concerned with. It was a joint from the ship-building or timber-framing world. Interesting from an engineering standpoint, and interesting from a historical standpoint (as others noted, exceptionally complex joints were used in ship-building and timber-framing back to the

1300's), but not especially relevant to furniture.

John

Reply to
John McCoy

Who is this "we"? This isn't rec.fine-furniture-making.

Reply to
J. Clarke

"J. Clarke" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@news.eternal-september.org:

Ah, "we" is the participants in the wreck. Having watched it for a while now, cabinetry of one kind or another - how to do it, what tools to use, etc, etc - is the bulk of the on-topic discussion. Which isn't to say that other wood working topics aren't discussed (not to mention any number of off-topic topics). But furniture has been the core as far back as I can remember.

John

Reply to
John McCoy

The "core" perhaps but hardly the totality.

However it's clear that you want to be netnanny and you need to get over that because nobody likes a netnanny.

Reply to
J. Clarke

I think you owe everyone who read your post an apology.

Reply to
Bill