Old tools worth buying

I'm helping at a auction this weekend that has a number of very old tools. Some that interest me are below. Does anyone have more info then I could find on Google and a old tool site. Thanks

Rockwell Delta 20" bandsaw model 29-3x0 converted to single phase 220

Foley bell planer-molder 12" x 6"

Rockwell delta shaper which appears to be in good condition. I don't think I have much use for a shaper but I maybe wrong.

Reply to
Keith

old school- slow but gets the job done.

old delta shapers tend to be good, but there have been some pretty light ones made. if it's one of the heavy machines and you can get it cheap enough, go for it. you'll be happy with what it can do.

Reply to
bridgerfafc

Those old Rockwell/Delta bandsaws are excellent. I'd pay more for one of those in good condition than I would for a new one any day. I've only used 14" ones, but I can't imagine they made the bigger ones to a lower standard.

Reply to
Prometheus