Old Bandsaw

I just aquired a Crescent 20" bandsaw with a three phase motor. What do I need to do to convert it to single phase?
snipped-for-privacy@worldnet.att.net says...

you are, and I'll come over and haul it to the junk yard before you sink too much money into a worthless machine. :-)
Actually, you can either:
1. Replace the motor with a single phase unit - probably 2hp - about $200 new.
2. Purchase a variable frequency drive matched to the 3ph motor rating (about $250). Advantage, you can get variable speed.
3. Puchase or build a 3phase converter. Converter kits go on eBay for $60 or so, and full fledged units can be purchased for $100-300, depending on HP and type of converter.
Good luck on the machine. Any idea of the vintage?
--
Regards,

Rick

(Remove the HIGH SPOTS for e-mail)
says...

You can find tons of used bandsaws and woodworking machines at Ex-Factory.com
James Hillman wrote:

A single phase motor, either new or used.

web site: http://www.calanb.com