Old Bandsaw

I just aquired a Crescent 20" bandsaw with a three phase motor. What do I need to do to convert it to single phase?

Reply to
James Hillman

It's not worth it. Those 20" Crescents were junk. Let me know where you are, and I'll come over and haul it to the junk yard before you sink too much money into a worthless machine. :-)

Actually, you can either:

  1. Replace the motor with a single phase unit - probably 2hp - about 0 new.

  1. Purchase a variable frequency drive matched to the 3ph motor rating (about 0). Advantage, you can get variable speed.

  2. Puchase or build a 3phase converter. Converter kits go on eBay for or so, and full fledged units can be purchased for 0-300, depending on HP and type of converter.

Good luck on the machine. Any idea of the vintage?

Reply to
Rick Chamberlain

A single phase motor, either new or used.

Nova

web site:

Alan Bierbaum

You can find tons of used bandsaws and woodworking machines at Ex-Factory.com

Reply to
gustav