Oklahoma City Lumber?

Aside from twisters, are there any lumber yards around OKC? I cant find any and might be driving to Texas for lumber in the near future.
On 5/6/2010 5:38 PM, GarageWoodworks wrote:

Best bet--go to Woodcraft and ask where to get lumber.

Not a bad idea. Thanks.

A quick google search turned up several. Other than the national chains, there is Central Hardwood 820 Southwest 3rd Street Oklahoma City, OK 73109-1109 (405) 232-255
I've been by there looking for 8/4 mahogany. They carry it, but want to sell *entire boards* not just board feet.
lektric dan wrote: ...

Go figure -- a wood retailer wants to sell wood...
On 5/7/2010 1:16 PM, lektric dan wrote:

Are you expecting them to let you cut up the lumber in whatever way you see fit? If you find a lumber yard that lets you do this at ALL, they're likely to stipulate that whatever you leave behind have sufficient width and length that they can sell it to somebody else at the standard board foot price. They're not going to want you to leave them with a bunch of useless scraps...
--
See Nad. See Nad go. Go Nad!
To reply, eat the taco.

You didn't even read my post, did you? You're just replying to the voices only you hear. They (Central Hardwood) want to sell entire 10' planks of 12" wide 8/4 only. Woodcraft, although something of a boutique store, will sell one board foot, or all they have in stock.
On 05/07/2010 11:35 PM, lektric dan wrote:

Why yes, smartass, I DID read your post; several times, and it reads the same way every time. Even if I go away and come back, or if I completely clear my mind or stand on my head, or watch a Bugs Bunny cartoon first; it doesn't seem to change the meaning of the words you wrote. Did you even read what *I* wrote?
You seem to be finding fault with Central Hardwood for selling lumber on their terms and not yours, but it's pretty hard to find a "lumber yard" that will fulfill your expectations. The original poster doesn't seem to have your expectations; he was looking for a "lumber yard", and mentions nothing about wanting "just board feet".
But thank you nonetheless for your information about Central Hardwood; perhaps it will be useful for somebody.
--
See Nad. See Nad go. Go Nad!
To reply, eat the taco.

Central Hardwoods sells to REAL woodworkers not hobbist, that's were Woodcraft comes in and sells "you" the same wood at 2-3 times the BF price you would pay at Central. I'm surprised they will even sell 1 board to you. I've used Central in Dallas for 30 years and find them to be an excellent company.
http://www.centralhardwoods.com/
On 5/8/2010 11:49 AM, ChairMan wrote:

I don't see where there would be objection to buying a whole board anyway unless one lives in a small apartment. You'll use it all eventually and having plenty of wood about encourages creativity.
There are several good ones: I assume you are talking about framing lumber, sheet goods, and basic hard woods.
Forrest Lumber on May close to the fair grounds. Lumber Shed on 10th, north side near Villa Fox -- southside
If you are more interested in quantity hard wood: Yukon door and plywood General builders on Ann Arbor
--
Keep the whole world singing . . . .

While watching the news on Weather Channel this evening I suspect the cost of wood and building materials will be going up. Tornado damage everywhere.
Sweeney Hardwoods in Fort Worth delivers into Oklahoma. Tel: 817-838-3095