O/T: Teriyaki Grilled Chicken

With the present weather conditions, nobody wants to get stuck inside cooking.
This receipe puts the grill to work.
Enjoy
Lew -----------------------------------------
From The Warped Mind And Inclined Galley Of Lew Hodgett
INGREDIENTS:
12, Chicken thighs (Family pack complete with skin and fat) 2 Cups, Teriyaki sauce 2 Cups, Water
DIRECTIONS:
Mix Teriyaki sauce and water together for marinade.
Marindae chicken thighs and refrigerate overnight in a covered container.
Place chicken thighs, skin side down, on a hot grill, 350F, about 6"-8" above coals or gas burners.
Keep an eye on chicken.
(When chicken begins to heat up, melting chicken fat can cause flare-up.)
(Keep a water spray bottle handy)
Turn chicken chicken thighs after about 10 minutes.
Continue grilling until fat quits running, then remove to a wire rack.
Allow to rest 10-20 minutes before serving.
The grilling process has consumed all the chicken fat.
Optional:
Remove skin before serving.

Ya left out that GARLIC.
On Thu, 21 Jul 2011 06:01:57 -0400, "Ed Pawlowski"

Another menu:
The Hillary Meal @ Colonel Cluck's
2 Left Wings 2 Small Breasts 2 Large Thighs
-- Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any one thing. -- Abraham Lincoln
"Ed Pawlowski" wrote:
> Ya left out that GARLIC. ----------------------------------- Saved it for another version.
Lew

Modified marinade - from the Amana microwave cookbook anno 1978: (for 3 lb broiler fryer, cut up) 1/2 cup soy sauce 1/4 cup dry white wine 1 garlic clove, minced 2 tbsp sugar/honey/maple or pancake syrup 1/2 tsp ginger Modified by adding generous sprinklings of thyme and rosemary
Marinade (fridge it says, but ...) 1-2 hrs cook Amana says microwave 12-15 min, turning halfway through, and it does turn out well, but grilling as Lew said goes wonderful as well.
--
Best regards
Han
"Han" wrote:

------------------------------------- Fresh grated ginger goes well with Teriyaki or Soy.
Thanks for reminding me.
Lew

Of course, ginger ...
--
Best regards
Han
On 7/20/2011 11:58 PM, Lew Hodgett wrote:
> The grilling process has consumed all the chicken fat. > > Optional: > > Remove skin before serving.
Being a coonass I'd rather die from the fat than live without it.
That said, great recipe, and thanks for posting it! And Han, your modification also, and yep Ed ... garlic will magically make it "low fat"/coonass certified. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 4/15/2010

Thanks, Karl!!
--
Best regards
Han
"Swingman" wrote:

------------------------------------- Alternate marinades:
1) Soy sauce and water 50/50.
2) Wishbone Italian salad dressing
NO SUBSTITUTIONS.
This one has some garlic.
Lew
Lew Hodgett wrote the following:

Yeah. With an outside heat index here of 107 F currently, I don't want to stay inside where it is 72 F. I want to go outside and lite up my barbeque and stand next to it.
--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY

That is why we had pizza tonight. No cooking in either place.

I did evening before last. Now we have chicken for a few days. I left out the pork, but that is just as good. It's easy!! <http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/Grilled-Chicken-and-Pork - with-Orange-Cumin-Glaze-109699> or <http://tinyurl.com/3tbq866
--
Best regards
Han