O/T: Snopes

Page 2 of 2
Richard Evans wrote:

A quick google search shows that this message has been posted many times over the last few days at many different places. I doubt that Robatoy wrote the article.
The Mikkelsons, as of yet, do not have it listed on their "Snopes" web site. I'd like to hear what they have to say.
--
Jack Novak
Buffalo, NY - USA

I guess we'll have to go on Snopes to find out.
tom
">

It looks to me like he singled out Snopes because he was passing on information about a specific site not making a general comment. The facts about the operators of Snopes being liberal Democrats and Jews was a bit of profiling to let the reader know something about the operators I don't see denouncement in the OP just information some useful some not. If anything it might be said that it was information on the leanings of the operators of Snopes. If he had said that they were Conservative Baptists and Republicans you would expect then to have certain views that would color their outlook, any other subculture group would have it's own outlook on any subject. Don't get your knickers in a knot over it, it's not worth it.
I thought it was interesting that being Jewish they support Obama since most of the Jews I know can't stand the man, but each to his own I guess.

Here we go again. *I* didn't write the article. You called it a denouncement, I thought it was more of a heads-up.
But, in all fairness, it was silly for anybody to assume that left- wing liberal Jews would have an agenda. Or right-wing fascist Jews would have an agenda. Or left-wing Dutchmen, or right-wing Bulgarians.....or...

When it contaiins verbage like this

Contains verbiage like what?
Heck, I figured since it was written on the Internet....

LOL.. there ya go...

.....Al Gore must have written it?
SteveP.

It is an election year, and either way the presidency goes, it'll be one for the history books. What better time to question the authenticity of information? There are rumors, urban legends, lies, damned lies, and then politicians and theologians. For the latter two, not necessarily in that order. Urban legends would be the domain for snopes. Looking there for larger truths would be a misguided exercise in futility.
On Fri, 31 Oct 2008 09:44:07 -0400, Robatoy

ANd YOUR agenda is?????????????

On Oct 31, 1:58pm, snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca wrote:

agenda.
On Fri, 31 Oct 2008 11:31:33 -0700 (PDT), Robatoy

Seems everyone south o' da border has an agenda
Robatoy wrote:

---------------------------------------- Update at the bottom of the page
http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama/chicken.asp

Yeah. I read Consumer Reports but they are often wrong about things that I happen to know something about.
My question is - why do I keep reading them?
tom
On Fri, 31 Oct 2008 16:03:39 -0700 (PDT), Tom Watson

Because it's the only way to keep your blood pressure up?

On Fri, 31 Oct 2008 21:02:38 -0400, snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca wrote:

"...you see what you want to see; you hear what you want to hear."
(The Rockman, "The Point," $5 to Harry Nillson)
cg

I believe there are Jews working for Consumer Reports, too.
Notice a pattern?
Scott