O/T: GUN CONFISCATION IN CANADA! (fixed broken link)

On Mon, 08 Jul 2013 06:03:57 +0200, Hendrik Varju

Notice how a one or two line reply is enough to send you into a frenzied, illogical response?

*That's* all the information anybody needs to know about you. You'd be doing everyone a favour by using one of those guns on yourself.
Reply to
none

Hendrik, if this is really you, welcome to the group.

I have not seen you here much before this argument? / Discussion? Street fight? I just went to your website.

Excellent work.

As far as political stuff.... lets keep it ww..

You are far too good a woodworker to lose you.

Please post ww stuff.

As far as the politics goes, we all post here from time to time our rants... most of us take some heat for it... So feel free to ignore my keep it WW... but still stay and post some WW stuff.

For those of you that didn't see his ww stuff...

or

in which he also has a food site..

Reply to
woodchucker

On Mon, 08 Jul 2013 21:58:00 -0400, woodchucker

I saw his stuff and it really is excellent work. He appears to be an all around woodworker.

But, that leads me to question who is *really* posting the gun rhetoric, him or someone else impersonating him?

Reply to
none

It's not just High River - the same thing happened in Slave Lake when 1/4 o f our town burned down.

When our town burned, the long gun registry was still in effect - my guns ( in a locker under a bed) were untouched. Other people had safes torched ope n.

The registry had been rescinded with the promise that long gun records were "poison fruit" when High River happened.

Personally, I would feel better if the RCMP had simply patrolled for looter s rather than becoming looters. I would figure those readers in the US woul d have been all over "illegal search and siezure". FWIW, the two weeks we w ere gone were spent in our holiday trailer at a campground in Westlock, Alb erta - our house unlocked the entire time.

Reply to
teaspoonrack

Were their guns returned to them?

Reply to
Swingman

When our town burned, one of the major problems was ammunition. It may be secured from human malefactors but when everything burns at hundreds if not thousands of degrees, the danger to firefighters is a BIG problem. twitch, jo4hn

Reply to
jo4hn

Bullets and power are small stuff.

Consider 500 gallon propane bottles or the 30 / 60 gallons on the house...

Consider the wool rug - it gives off cyanide gas. Plastics vaporize into dangerous chemicals and then deposit in lungs.

Far more to consider.

Mart> >> It's not just High River - the same thing happened in Slave Lake when

Reply to
Martin Eastburn

Were the fire arms returned? As far as we can prove, yes. but many question s remain unanswered. Houses left intact are easily explained. Houses destro yed - totally or partially - are still an unknown entity - not to mention " your stuff goes missing without your permission". Does it really matter if the thief is wearing a uniform or not?

If the ammunition is in a house that is burning, the danger is minimal as l ong as the round isn't chambered (well over 10 years on our local FD). The brass casing with split long before any projectiles become a concern. If th e house is fully involved, what are you going to save?

The story we got for confiscation was the "looters stealing guns" malarkey. .. After the furball in Slave Lake, I am worried as to why they felt repeat ing the exercise in High River was a wise move.

Reply to
teaspoonrack