O/T: Great Evil

Something for everybody
Lew ----------------------------------------- There was this lone survivor who washed up on the shores of an isloated sandy shored, South Pacific Island.
He was nurtured and brought back to health...
When he awakened he was nestled in the fair chocolate arms of a native beauty.
Yes I said chocolate...pay attention.
He could barely hear the soft shuffling of the surf breaking against the distant reef as the monotonous sounds of a drum beating and beating all hours of the day and night obscured his every waking moment.
He asked Shambibi, the cute one, (ie: nurturer) why the drums....constantly?
Beating and beating and beating.
She said:
When drums stop......BIG EVIL COME!
It was an ideal life, little work, dancing and singing and eating, and other South Pacific things...naked people of incredible loveliness, with perfect manners, outstanding customs and immense kindness.
But the drums, the damned drums....
Again he asked why the drums were constantly beating.
He got the same answer again:
When drums stop....GREAT EVIL COME!
Reclining beneath the breadfruit tree he could see into the sun saturated, crystalline seas.
Fish darting, strange and beautiful....brilliant colors but again the drums, on and on and on.
Come on, Shambibi why the drums?
When the drums stop....GREAT EVIL COME.
I know, I know, what evil?
When drums stop......BANJO SOLO.
Add pictures here
✖

I think it was posted here not so long ago as "BASS SOLO"
Add pictures here
✖
On Feb 26, 12:23 am, Dave Balderstone

A variation, and my favourite is the one about the missionaries cutting their way through thick jungle when they suddenly hear the sound of drums. "That sounds bad!" said the one missionary.... Then the bushes part and a native's face appears and says: "Well, he's not our regular drummer."
Add pictures here
✖
On Thu, 25 Feb 2010 23:23:05 -0600, the infamous Dave Balderstone

I'da thunk it was "DRUM SOLO".
(Duckin', BIG TIME)
-- "Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn
Add pictures here
✖