--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 5/14/08
"Swingman" wrote:

Engage brain before fingers<G>
Thank you.
Lew
Lew Hodgett wrote:

Many young men died that day in support of a good cause.
A Good Cause? It was a land grab! We were fighting that good cause in North Africa long before D-Day protecting Oil! My father fighting Rommel in N. Africa, D-Day was just a sacrifice of US Soldiers so we could grab as much land before Russia did.... Nothing noble in that!

sawzdust wrote:

I expect there are a number of E Europeans that would have opted for a much more agressive attempt of forestalling Stalin...
You really should read more... :(
sawzdust wrote: ...> ... I'd skip Churchill.
Then (as is apparent) you'd miss a great deal of context and oversight of the prosecution of the war.
What does your reading of a soldier's diaries in N Africa say about the strategic difficulties of the Allies in having promised Stalin a second front in '42 but not being able to achieve that until mid '44 while the Russian army was being hammered on the eastern front? Not much, I would wager.
sawzdust wrote:

I believe you need oil to prosecute a war, but I could be wrong. You think that's why the Nazi's were in N. Africa? Or was it they needed the sand?
--
"You can lead them to LINUX
but you can't make them THINK"
sawzdust wrote:

<plonk>
sawzdust wrote:

So who pissed in your oatmeal this morning?
So much anger spewing from you keyboard today!
Anger? Disappointment! Where's the anger point?
It's tragic, that America distorts the truth it's own history. It's just sad!

North
much
sawzdust wrote:

Perhaps you're just constipated. Try that oatmeal with a little extra bran and a big glass of water.
Constipated? Sorry the only one full of shit here is you!

sawzdust wrote:

OK, you've proven that you are nothing but a moron.
Nothing to see here, folks, move on.

sawzdust wrote:

You know, the only thing missing from your vile, offensive and ignorant little rant here and the other comments below is that you have forgotten to blame Bush. I will admit I did not read all of your spew, so you may have blamed him in one or two I didn't see, but a good little moonbat would have found a way to blame Bush in every posting. You have failed. Now, the next time you are in the Church of Gaia, you are going to have to say 10 Hail Algores and pay for some carbon credits to atone for that oversight.

10 Hail Algores???? ROTFLMAO . . . You DO have a sense of humour...
Mark & Juanita wrote:

No need to pay for those carbon offsets, you can get all you want for free here:
http://freecarbonoffsets.com
sawzdust wrote:
... snip

Dang, JT's favorite troll somehow managed to get another Usenet account. Buh-bye troll.

You know comimng from you................ is as meaningless as Bush!
stop pulling your own dick there assslicker!

We shouldn't forget that Americans land grab in Europe began that day, forefitting 10's of thousands of US Soldiers.....Americans Interests once again at American Soldiers great sacrifice!