64 years?
Reply to
Swingman

Engage brain before fingers

Thank you.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

Many young men died that day in support of a good cause.

Reply to
Woodie

We shouldn't forget that Americans land grab in Europe began that day, forefitting 10's of thousands of US Soldiers.....Americans Interests once again at American Soldiers great sacrifice!

Reply to
sawzdust

A Good Cause? It was a land grab! We were fighting that good cause in North Africa long before D-Day protecting Oil! My father fighting Rommel in N. Africa, D-Day was just a sacrifice of US Soldiers so we could grab as much land before Russia did.... Nothing noble in that!

Reply to
sawzdust

I expect there are a number of E Europeans that would have opted for a much more agressive attempt of forestalling Stalin...

You really should read more... :(

--

Reply to
dpb

I believe you need oil to prosecute a war, but I could be wrong. You think that's why the Nazi's were in N. Africa? Or was it they needed the sand?

Reply to
evodawg

We fought a war we didn't want, We fought for an idea we belived in, not for glory or riches, sometimes the poloticians betrayed us, but we still fought for the idea symbolized by The Flag, We fought for that idea from 1776 to

2008 and We will fight for it in the future. Your comments are proof that our efforts were worth while, YOU are free to comment any way you like and that is part of why We fought and died. Respect the Men and Women who gave you that right and honor them, We honered you.
Reply to
sweet sawdust

sawzdust wrote: ...> ... I'd skip Churchill.

Then (as is apparent) you'd miss a great deal of context and oversight of the prosecution of the war.

What does your reading of a soldier's diaries in N Africa say about the strategic difficulties of the Allies in having promised Stalin a second front in '42 but not being able to achieve that until mid '44 while the Russian army was being hammered on the eastern front? Not much, I would wager.

--

Reply to
dpb

How funny are you? You don't travel much but Freedom in America has disappeared! Only an utter moron wouldn't realize that "a nation of Peace" as Bush loves to claim, has been at War my whole live, Outright conflicts Korea, Vietnam, the Cold War and inbetween more covert wars then anyone can imagine. EVERYDAY for MORE THEN 50 YEARS wasted on WAR?

You lack any knowledge whatsoever....We didn't fight for that "idea" in

1776, we fought against tax's. yet imposed a far greater tax to fund the Revolutionary War. One of the great causes of the War was the fact the British failed to protect the citizens (especially from PA. from Indian attacks) we demanded action and the fact is the Brtitish weren't as blood thirsty or as greedy as the Americans were.

I hate to inform you, but you can travel to most countries and have a higher level and more protected freedom of speech then you do in America!

and your ignorance only proves that America will repeat it's mistakes over and over regardless of the cost of lives!

Reply to
sawzdust

He's not as funny as you.

**
**

B A R R Y

yeah BARRY you're the sharp one eh?

See what's even funnier is that you thought you'd be really reall clever and post like you have....and really in all honesty since you add nothing it's apparent your just jerking yourself off at how clever you think you are.....and all you get is sticky fingers and a crusty T shirt your mom is forced to wash! Laugh on joke boy and then wash your hands

Reply to
sawzdust

I prefer unscented baby wipes.

**
**

B A R R Y

I guess you did learn something!

Reply to
sawzdust

Tomorrow, I'll be exercising my lack of freedom by flying the Hudson River corridor, from the I-84 bridge, down the NJ side, past Alpine Towers, around "The Lady", and back up the Manhattan side of the river. I'll do all ~ 900 feet above the ground, with a few passengers to enjoy the view.

My trip around the Lady will be between 3 and 3:30 PM.

Don't forget to wave.

If you wave hard enough, I'll rock the wings over the giant clock near Ellis Island!

We can meet you @ Teterboro or Westchester for lunch, too.

**
**

B A R R Y

Reply to
J. Clarke

So who pissed in your oatmeal this morning?

So much anger spewing from you keyboard today!

Reply to
Woodie

WOW a pilot I'm really impressed.....BWAHAHAHAAA Gee just pat yourself on the back again and again. I hate to tell you the last thing I did on my GI Bill was flight school. Used to fly out of Solberg! Just not the same without the Towers! I don't fly anymore just not that much fun........but have fun kiddo~

I really don't want to meet you, I possibly think less of you then you do of yourself. You really have some issues to boast and brag as you do what do they consider that lack of self esteem?

What next you're a war hero and Vietnam Vet too!

Reply to
sawzdust

N51? Cool!

Do you know Jerry? He participates here on occasion and lives near that field. Jerry bought a DJ-20 from one of my local wood dealers.

**
**

B A R R Y