NYWS 20th season only 5 projects

I was watching Norm being interviewed by Popular Woodworking's editor and he indicated that there would be 4 pieces of furniture built on the last 4 episodes and the first 9 episodes would be dedicated to building a kitchen and installing the cabinets.

Must be thinking about his retirement. A DVD series on building kitchen cabinets will sell for ages.
<<Must be thinking about his retirement. A DVD series on building kitchen cabinets will sell for ages.>>
Or Russ Morash needs a new kitchen.
Lee

_________________________________

Saw the same video cast. He says he's got a few more years left to go before he is finished. Tho, you would think that somewhere, someone has thought this thru. What a franchise!
I don't doubt that Norm gets some sort of royalty payments from the sell of the DVD, but I don't think he is worried about dough. With the NYW and TOH in constant reruns and his personal appearances for Delta/Porter Cable, he'll be in "sawdust" for quite a long time.
He could even offer private lessons at $1,000 a pop and bet he'd have a waiting list 100 people deep.
MJ Wallace
On Thu, 26 Jul 2007 22:45:59 -0000, " snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com"

Heck I think some might pay $1000 to see if he really does wear safety glasses. :)
Can someone do the decent thing for those that can't view this series 'live' by capturing and torrent seeding this new series?
Thanks for clearing that up! I've had a hard time trying to guess what the projects have been so far this year.
I tried to watch the video on the Popular Woodworking web site but it times out... Will try again later.
Mike Brown

Leon wrote:

So, he's trying to re-live the This Old House days?

On Thu, 26 Jul 2007 22:04:09 GMT, "Leon"

That sounds like it doesn't fit in with past NYW projects and follows TOH. I enjoyed the Shaker-like projects and shop-made fixtures, specific machine care/setups, jigs, and shop-made tools. It would be very interesting to see one of Norm's first episodes.
It appears that the very first is still for sale...
http://www.newyankee.com/getproduct3.cgi?101
$24.95
Phisherman wrote:

On Thu, 26 Jul 2007 22:04:09 GMT, "Leon"

two episodes in a row without stopping for another begathon or running some other crap in its place around here. The only way I'd ever be able to see 9 consecutive episodes in any sort of chronological order and without waiting weeks/months/years between them would be to buy it on dvd.
-Leuf

some idiotic fundraising drivel instead of the second of a two-part project. They called to ask for a donation. I told them that I would, but I had to spend the money to order the DVDs. The student-telemarketer couldn't understand the connection.
Brian