Not Too Bad BORG Story

They built a new Home Depot right down the street from my shop. At the main entrance, between the "in" and "out" lanes which intersect with a busy four lane street, there was this kind of brick wall divider that said "Home Depot" on it . Problem was, the entrance lane was very narrow and the turn too tight so that people kept hitting the brick wall thing which turned out not to be a brick wall at all but just a flimsey sheet metal box with "Z" brick veneer glued onto it. So after several hits, the thing was looking pretty sorry and I wondered when they were going to fix it. I had this idea that maybe they would widen the entrance lane a bit and maybe add a little more sweep to make the access easier. Well, today I drove by on the way to the shop and saw that they had indeed "fixed" the problem. They had removed the "brick" wall thing and replaced it with a huge boulder! Only thing missing was a sign that said "Let's see you run into THIS, suckers!" DD PS No, the boulder is not orange and it does not say "Home Depot" on it.
"It's easy when you know how..." Johnny Shines
In my area, big box stores go up all the time, seemingly with no expense spared. But then some idiot adds a few narrow spaghetti lanes to connect the road to the parking lot. I know they carefully plan out the roads leading to the store. They also plan out the parking lot. But the roads connecting the two seem to be an afterthought.
AL wrote:

Some family decided to quit farming after 200+ years, so they sold their land for the latest round of Borgs. They built the whole complex so that getting in is easy, but it takes 45 minutes to get *out*.
Sometimes I wonder if they did that on purpose. Screw it, we'll never get out of here, let's go to Barnes & Noble for awhile.
(One reason I shop at Lowe's more than HD. HD is in the fuster cluck zone, and Lowe's has a nice stop light in and out of its parking lot. Plus Lowe's isn't orange. I hate orange, unless it's a fruit.)
Good for them, I suppose people are being more careful now.
Greg

David DeCristoforo wrote:

SWMBO would hit it. I can see it now.
snipped-for-privacy@privacy.net says...

Given that fact that one of the places where you expect large vehicles is a building supply store, it seems somewhat self-defeating to make access to said store difficult for such vehicles. I'm sure their competition could exploit this to their advantage, ads saying something like "easy access" or "We won't mangle your vehicle getting to us!" might be effective.
Mark & Juanita wrote:

Makes you wonder what level of HD management got involved to screw this puppy.

Mark

N.E. Ohio
Snip

You know, you and JOAT oughtta get together and go bowling. Do you ever find yourself saying, "Damn Kids"?
BSEG -Phil Crow
Phil Crow wrote:

Lol,
Yes.