News viewer - off topic

Page 2 of 2
On Thu, 22 May 2014 19:53:38 -0400, krw wrote:

I've used Gravity as well. It's a lot newer than Usenet :-). I don't recall any major problems with it or with Free Agent.
On Fri, 23 May 2014 19:36:16 +0000 (UTC), Larry Blanchard

I've used both and both have problems with more recent Windows versions, though I don't remember what they are right now. I still prefer Gravity (over Agent) for binaries and still have it on my desktop. However, I don't do much with Usenet binaries anymore.

I tried it.
Clicking on the d/l link sends you off to a couple of places; eventually, you get a d/l but it's a web-type installer, not the program.
Clicking on the installer sends you off to cyberspace and the program is downloaded; to install it, one has to agree to their TOS which includes collecting info; they also want to reset your home page and install a browser helper. I declined.
However, I did find something called oeclassic v1.90. It is NOT OE, seems to be a third party program styled after and closely resembling OE. It has most of OE's features but not all; however, it does what I want - email, newsgroups and HTML - so I may keep it.
For anyone interested, 14MB installed... http://www.oeclassic.com/
--

dadiOH