Newbie - Builtin Shelf in alcove

Could anyone tell me the best way to make my builtin shelf fit snugly in an alcove that has a warped or bowed back wall? I have cut my wood to length but it rocks front to back because there is a large bow (1/8 inch approx.) in the middle of the back wall. I have scribed it and know how much I need to remove. My question is what is the best way to remove this sliver? Is it snading or planing or (suggestions)?

Shelf is made of 3/4 maple ply. If there is a better method other than scribing I'd love to hear that too.

Thanks in advance.

Reply to
netnews.comcast.net

Scribing, yes. Beltsander to trim. 2-3 degree undercut on under side.

--

Reply to
Pounds on Wood

I am not exactly sure how you have contructed this. Is this just a single board that you are going to fasten to the wall somehow? Are there sides that the shelf board fits in to? Is the shelf attached to a back board that fits into the alcove? These could be shimmed?

Wayne

If that doesn't work, you could try blasting.

Reply to
NoOne N Particular