New product at Home Depot

Something to offend everyone!

http://www.youtube.com/user/pelu2k7#p/a/f/0/u4r46fGNB3U

On 3/3/2010 10:45 PM, Steve wrote:

at my local HD, but out in the parking lot.
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/22/08

Those in the parking lot belong to the, "Day Labor Union", they are on strike and are picketing.
Swingman wrote:

We had a similar infestation here in Houston. My local HD put up "No Loitering" signs and a note on the door asking customers to NOT hire these folks. They even called the cops who carted them off by the Pedro-Wagon full.
Now they congregate across the street.
Before the HD crackdown, I even had one acost me as I was leaving with a couple of bags of concrete on a cart. He asked if I needed help putting them in the car. I don't know whether he was looking for a "tip" a la grocery-bagger guys or whether he thought I was so infirm and feeble as to require his charitable services.

How could you? I find your post horribly offensive and completely out of keeping with these sensitive times we live in. It is in extremely poor taste to get someone's hopes up with the expectations that they will be offended and then not deliver. You should be ashamed. Loved the video. Art

<insert coffee-on-monitor joke here>
Good stuff!

No shit; the parking lot of my local HD looks like a Hispanic jobs fair. While you won't draw much attention if you only have a couple of sticks of 2Xs or one or two sheets of CDX they will begin closing in on you as soon as you break out from under the drive-thru cover if you have a cart full. "You need carpenter, Senor?" "No, I AM the carpenter."
Dave in Houston
On Wed, 3 Mar 2010 23:45:29 -0500, the infamous Steve

That one definitely made my joke list. (Wiping tears of laughter from eyes and giggling incessantly.)
P.S: While these aren't available in Southern Oregon, I saw them used extensively in LoCal before I moved.
-- An author spends months writing a book, and maybe puts his heart's blood into it, and then it lies about unread till the reader has nothing else in the world to do. -- W. Somerset Maugham, The Razor's Edge, 1943

But if this was an actual Home Depot video, we could be certain that they would offer minimal skelled Hispanic labor for now. And then gradually phase in totally clueless (and unskilled) asian labor as a "cost cutting" move.
On 3/4/2010 9:53 AM, Lee Michaels wrote:

Does totally clueless and unskilled asian labor exist in the US?

Most are either mathematicians, musicians, or doctors
On Thu, 04 Mar 2010 11:36:13 -0500, the infamous "J. Clarke"

Only in Chinatowns, Koreatowns, and Vietnamtowns around the USA.
Steve wrote:

--
You can lead them to LINUX
but you can't make them THINK !

I wouldn't be too surprised to see HD's lawyers fire off a C&D letter to these guys (as I seriously doubt anyone above the level of an assistant-assistant manager on his last week at HD gave the okay for this).

In liberal Massachusetts we also have people who hang around the Home Depot looking for work.
The downside is you have to pay them an 8 hour minimum and pick up their healthcare for a month. They then become eligible for unemployment and the state pays them.
They don't need to hang around the Home Depot once the state money kicks in. (-;
Honestly though, I used to work with a guy from Texas who asked me what we do up here to find day workers. I had no idea what he meant.
Larry C
On Thu, 4 Mar 2010 15:20:49 -0500, "Larry C"

Maybe they are liberals who believed in "hope and change" and ended up with change--the little change still left in their pockets.