New Planer

I see the Dewalt DW735 reconditioned on Tool King fairly often for around $440. Last time I almost bit it was $435 with $9 shipping. I do see that it is out of stock at the moment.

Dave Hall

Reply to
dhall987

On Mon 09 Feb 2009 08:47:53p, "CC" wrote in news:tV5kl.18527$ snipped-for-privacy@bgtnsc05-news.ops.worldnet.att.net:

I bought the 733 floor model at Woodcraft when the 735 came out, for about 250. I have no idea how many board feet I've run through it any more but I've had both sets of blades sharpened and had to bring it in for repair once. Found out I've got an authorized shop here in town and they found a loose connection in the motor assembly, resoldered it(!) and charged me fifty bucks.

I love this little planer, plastic vacuum port and all.

Reply to
Dan

You might want to look at

From this it looks like the Dewalt comes in first, which most here seemed to recommend as well. The Delta came in I think 8th. My guess is they are both very close because everyone here seems to like what they have.

Myself, I don't own a planer but a few months ago I was perusing Craigs list locally and their was a 20" Northsomething industrial planer with a

5 hp 220 motor, 5 years old for $1000... I wanted it but didn't go for it and it has been bothering me ever since...The same place had other stuff for sale so obviously they were going out of business...
Reply to
Jack Stein

Probably Northfield.

cheap No.2, 18" surfacer goes for over $16,000.00. the current next size up is 25" and for about $25,000.00.

I think their stuff is built to last forever in a factory setting.

Leon

For the price I seriously doubt it was Northfield. More likely one of the North State something like

would be my guess.

--

Reply to
dpb

For Jack's sake I hope you are right. LOL

Reply to
Leon

Leon had me in a panic for a sec. but I recall looking up the price and it was no where near the price of a Northfield... I think it was around $5000 new, but thats a vague recollection. It did look a lot like the Northstate 20" planer so my guess is thats exactly what it was. It looked like a great planer to me, but like so many great deals, I just let it go bye...instead of buy... I think it weighed over 400 lbs so it would have been tough getting it on and off my truck in one piece... yeah, thats why I passed it up.

Reply to
Jack Stein

Jack Stein wrote: ...

I hear ya'... :) (or, :( maybe is more apropos)

I posted in another similar thread not long ago of the chance years ago to pick up the Powermatic Model 180 18" planer for $800 from shop when upgraded and have been kicking self/regretting decision ever since...

Reply to
dpb