Yeah! New planer knives!

The replacement blades for my little 10" planer came in today, as did the "Mini Planer Pals" I ordered (a nice cheap alternative to the $70 set for small planers).

According to my micrometer (which is still certified for another month) Just whipping the blades in with the jig and tightening down the gibs got me within .014" from the left to right side on a much worked test board (its down from rough 4/4 to .419").

Much better finish on the board than I'm used to too. I guess that 1 u shaped knife wasn't doing me any favors.

Reply to
Marc Britten