New Lee Valley (Veritas) router plane

I know that someone already posted about this existence of this one.

'll add that I just got confirmation from LV's customer service that the cutters are compatible with the Stanley 71.

(I had the answer within about two minutes....)

Reply to
John Thomas

That's interesting. I called LV yesterday and asked about that and was told that they didn't know. The guy said I could buy the set of 3 and return them, postage free, if they didn't fit.

Kindly let us know if you buy them and how they work in a

  1. Art

Reply to
Wood Butcher

"Wood Butcher" wrote in news:3ZCdnboI4OUttdneRVn- snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com:

I'm not sure if they are even available yet; and it will likely be a little while before I'd order them. (Order needs to build to critical mass ...).

Here's the exact text of the message I got from Customer Service:

According to the information from our R&D Department the answer is yes, they[sic] cutters are compatible with the Stanley # 71

However, I will post a followup if no one else has ...

Reply to
John Thomas

On Wed, 5 Oct 2005 18:39:33 +0000 (UTC), with neither quill nor qualm, John Thomas quickly quoth:

Good deal! (the irons, not the plane.)

-- Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life. ---- --Unknown

Reply to
Larry Jaques