New fence

I went into my local Lowes to get some gardening supplies. Low and behold I see they have the Delta 30" UniFence Marked down from $300 to $93 and with a Military Discount I walked out with it at $83 and change. Does that count as a gloat?
Roger

Hello Roger, That is a real gloat, but it begs these questions; Why would they mark it down so low? Are they closing out Delta products? Did they have more in stock? (No, I don't need another fence, but this sounds like a great deal for others) Marc
When I asked the guy there, he said they are no longer carrying them. It was the last one in my area Jacksonville, NC. When he brought it down, it was still nice and tight in the box. I got it home and opened it. It was complete and with no scratches. Now to find time to install it. And what to mis measure and make straight?
Roger

snip> And what to

Roger wrote: > When I asked the guy there, he said they are no longer carrying them. <snip>
Very common practice for the big box stores.
Allows them to very tightly define when they were selling an item and thus control warranty costs.
Kind of like some contractors I remember who would declare bankruptcy on a regular basis only to open up the next day under a different name.
Lew

I'd say so. I recently sold a 7 year old one for $175.00.
Mike O.