New DP...

Dear All,
I picked up my new Delta 17-925 drill press on Monday and I must say it is quite a machine. I got tired of running up against the 3" stroke of my little 12" drill press so I bought one with a 6" stroke. It also has VS which is nice, goes from 150 rpm to 3200 RPM.
I have played with it, using some big ass bits that would always stall the 1/3 HP of the 12" unit, that the 3/4 HP on the new unit spin no problem.
http://members.rogers.com/dfeisan/images/dps.jpg
I like my new drill press.
Thanks,
David.
So uh Dave,,, knowing how you like to go with the theme, "bigger is better", did you have to cut a hole in the roof of your garage to get the DP in? :~)

WOW David, you went from a bench top to that. That's like going from a Yugo to a cadillac. Could you have laid the drill press on it's side, put the head on and then set it upright?
Ted

On 22 Aug 2003 15:43:09 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@iron.net (Bigpole) wrote:

That's what I did with mine. It still took my beefy neighbor's help to do it.
LRod
Master Woodbutcher and seasoned termite
Shamelessly whoring my website since 1999
http://www.woodbutcher.net
Everning Guys,

Arrg!
Where the hell were you two smart guys last night when I was trying to lift half a drill press head that weighs more than me up a ladder!
I cannot believe I didn't think of the oh so obvious solution, DOH!
I will keep it in mind for next time.
:).
Thanks,
David.

Geez. Control yourself, will you? You've got drool all over the camera lens.
On Thu, 21 Aug 2003 02:38:25 GMT, "David F. Eisan"

Looks just like mine. Great, isn't it? I discovered a new dimension in heavy hardware getting that thing up in the air.