Need Help Identifying this Tool

www.scottsplace.com/drill.jpg
This is a hand drill that my father owns. It was/is a Powr-Kraft item.
I have no idea if this is for wood working, but a google search on "Powr-Kraft" seems to point this direction.
He got it from Montgomery Wards many moons ago, and is looking to buy another one.
The red cap screws off to give access to about 8 drill bits.
Works great in confned spaces. Anyone know what this is called so that I can do a better online search?
www.scottsplace.com/drill.jpg
Thanks, snipped-for-privacy@HoustonPi.com
This is a "push" drill, sometimes called a Yankee drill. Google either one. I still have my dad's push drill, and use it frequently.

(Amazon.com product link shortened)16891267/sr=1-2/ref=sr_1_2_etk-tools/104-2640226-2604711?v=glance&s=hi&n"8013

Dang.... even better.
Thanks! Scott

(Amazon.com product link shortened)16891267/sr=1-2/ref=sr_1_2_etk-tools/104-2640226-2604711?v=glance&s=hi&n"8013
Thanks!
That will help out a bunch.
Scott

one.
Well, at first it looked like a Yankee Screwdriver but a closer look shows there is no driving mechanism. I don't see the exact tool online anywhere but I had success for similar products with google of "telescoping screwdriver"

Yankee screwdriver.
djb

I can't find my Garret Wade catalog right now, but I believe they sell them as I remember it Stanley makes a version. I used to use one a long time ago as a phone installer, great for drilling holes for screws, Good Luck
Bruce Wiseman wrote:

They're still pretty common. I got a couple junk ones at a $ store the other day. If you go to any antiques store you'll find a pile of North Bros Yankee drills, probably 130A models. They're about as common as Stanley #4s.
Dave in Fairfax
--
Dave Leader
reply-to doesn't work

http://search.ebay.com/push-drill_W0QQfromZR40QQsojsZ1

Wheeeoooo...
The real name is Archimedean drill. But most people would probably call it a "push drill". (BTW, the Yankee Screwdriver is a brand name of a variation on the drill) Their most common usage was drilling pilot holes, especially for cabinet hardware. Every one I've ever seen takes a special kind of bit (whose name escapes me, but regular old twist bits will not work without modification.) They usually came with an assortment of bits in the handle.
I think Stanley still makes one, http://www.epinions.com/Stanley_Push_Drill_Shop_Tools
James...
On Thu, 02 Jun 2005 17:22:16 +0000, J&KCopeland wrote:

"drill point"
--
"Keep your ass behind you"