Need Help choosing one of the Saws... Please.....

Ok Guys,

Help please.. All These saws are within my budget, wiring limits, and liking. Here is the problem.. Is one company better than the other and/or is it worth paying the extra money for a Biesemeyer Fence over say a JetFence or T-Square Fence?? And Also it it worth the extra money for the Side wings and Table boards with legs?? Does anyone have any experiance with any of the below saws??? Any Thoughts comments...??? The prices listed are all from Amazon.com they offered free shipping on all the saws listed and have all in stock.. Is there a better place with free shipping???

Please feel free to comment on my ignorance as I realize this to be the case..

My thoughts are as follows...

  1. I do want to be able to cut large width stock and am not sure how to build side tables.

  1. Am unsure about the fenses ability to do its job if I build my own wings etc.

  2. I am new to this whole woodworking thing and not certian if these I will get long range good out of each so a limiting myself to preexisting wiring which is 110

  1. I have learned more expensive does not always mean better but most times it does.

  2. Need to purschase a saw rather quickly as am chomping at the bit the start some projects

Grizzly G0444 10" Table Saw 1-1/2 HP Single-Phase $495.00

Grizzly G0575 1 1/2HP Left Tilt Tablesaw $515.00

Delta 36-680 10" Contractor Saw & 30" T-Square Fence System $599

Grizzly G0576 2HP Left Tilt Tablesaw $615.00

Delta 36-650 10" Professional Table Saw $641.95

JET JWTS-10JF / 708301K 10" Table Saw with JETFence $649.99

Delta 36-507X X5 Contractor's Saw with Biesemeyer Price: $749.99

JET 708300K / JWTS-10CW2-JF 10" Table Saw with 2 Cast Iron Wings and JETFence $749.99

Delta 36-682 10" Contractor Saw with 1 Cast Iron Wing & 30" Biesemeyer Commercial & Table Board $799.99

DEWALT DW746 10" Woodworker's Table Saw (Saw Only) $849.00

DEWALT DW746XB 10" Woodworker's Table Saw with 30" Fence $850.00

Delta 36-505X X5 Contractor's Saw with Unifence $899.99

JET 708775K/JWSS-10PF 1-3/4HP Supersaw with 30" Fence $949.99

Grizzly G1023S110 10" Table Saw 2 HP Single-Phase 110V $955.00

Delta 36-507X X5 Contractor's Saw with Biesemeyer $969

JET 708776K/JWSS-10PFX 1-3/4HP Supersaw With 52" Fence $999.99

Reply to
ScRaPLeR

Sould Have Included the Sear Professional Table Saw For $949 in the consideration list..

Reply to
ScRaPLeR

out the videos.

Reply to
AAvK

Of the saws listed I would do the Griz 1023. However, as someone else mentioned, if you are stuck on 110 volt, get down to Sears and take a real good look at their top line new semi-cabinet saw in the $900 range (depending on the day, the sale, the Craftsman club discount and which way the wind is blowing)

Dave Hall

Reply to
Dave Hall

I got the 1023. It was cheaper back then ( >

and is sturdier than typical a contractors saw. The Jet is Supersaw is comparable but the fence is shit (compared to the Dewalt). In fact, I'd go for the Dewalt with the 52" fence. I think it's comparable to Jet in price and you will never regret having the bigger saw but the oppisite is not true.

Reply to
SonomaProducts.com

Another happy 1023 owner. I haven't used it a ton as I just got it but seems well built and will probably last a long time. Trouble is, your not on 220V (or maybe you are?). I also have the Jet Contractor saw (stamped wings) with their Jet Fence. The fence isn't perfect but I've been able to make some pretty nice stuff with it. Cheers, cc

Reply to
James "Cubby" Culbertson

Thanks TO all you guys for your imput... I finally decided on a Powermatic with 50 in Accufence and Table with Legs for $869... will arrive sometime within the next two weeks, then I will need you help!!!! again.... :-}

Thanks again to all

ScRaPleR

Reply to
ScRaPLeR

I own a Grizzly 1023 table saw, and have used only a couple of th other saws that you have listed. I'm also a big fan of Biesemeye fences. I bought one for my Grizzly saw to replace the stock fence. One doesn't necessarily have to have a wide capacity fence and hug wings, though. In a small, one person shop is is actually easier t rough cut panels using a circular saw, then finish the cuts on a tabl saw.

  1. Side tables are easy to build. The most important consideration i keeping them absolutely flat and in line with the top of your saw. I you have a wider capacity fence, odds are you can use it to support th sides of your auxiliary table (wing). I made mine out of MDF and i works great; it also serves as my router table (I have a router fenc that gets clamped to the Biesemeyer fence - works great). If you fence is very wide, you will want to support the end of your auxiliar table so your saw doesn't tip when making wide cuts - I used part of harbor freight roller stand to support the end of my auxiliar table. If you have enough space and won't have to move your saw, yo can build permanent tables around it, so it will be really easy to cu wide panels.
  2. As long as you keep your wings in line with your saws top, and flat the fence will work fine.
  3. My second table saw is an old craftsman that runs on 110. Regardin power, whether you go with a 110 or a 220 saw is going to depend on wha you intend to cut. For instance, I burned up the motor on a 110 powere saw cutting 500 LF of fir base trim moulding once; this would be an eas task for my 220 powered saw.
  4. Having expensive tools alone will never improve the quality of th woodworking that you produce. When I first got started in woodworkin my table saw was a 40 year old Shopsmith 10E - the fence would never b parallel on its own, but I could get it close with careful, and slow adjustment on each cut. Good quality equipment can help you wor consistently and more quickly.
  5. Good luck on your new saw. Have you considered buying a used saw? It takes some patience but you can get a good deal by buying used - an maybe get more saw than you could otherwise afford.

Regards,

Scot

-- makesawdust

Reply to
makesawdust

You'd have been happy with most any of the ones on your list, but this is near the top. You should have many years of use from it.

While waiting for the saw to arrive, think about getting a good blade for it.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

Scott,

Which stock Grizzly fence did you have and what impressions do you have going from it to a Bies?

SteveP.

Reply to
Highland Pairos