Need help choosing a table saw

Page 2 of 2

On 9 Apr 2006 13:44:34 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@sbcglobal.net wrote:

That's not necessarily the case though. I've got a friend who has a really horrible benchtop saw with a fence that simply cannot lock parallel to the blade. The second you lock the fence, the back of the blade shifts about 1/8" The arbor has considerable runout. We have tried many times to fix the fence and this is the smallest shift we've been able to get. You cannot get a better fence from the manufacturer, they don't make one.
That's why he's been over using my shop and why, this weekend if it's not raining, we're off to buy him a brand new saw. The old one simply cannot be fixed and wouldn't even make a good doorstop.
I replaced an old Craftsman with a Grizzly 1023 SL about a year ago and have been extremely happy with it. Set up was fairly easy.
Ron T
Ron Truitt wrote:

Having recently read the catalog, I'm almost sure that xtreme happiness is only offered with the 1023SL(W)X(3).
Anymore, and you'd overflow with happiness. (it's a 10bit saw).
er (okay, no more binary jokes--you get 'em or you don't, and most don't)
--
email not valid