Need blade dimension

What is the actual dimension of the blades in the model 351.233831 planer. I cannot find any but can have a set made. To the best I can figure, the blades are 1/8"thick X 11/16"wide X 12 1/2" lg. If anyone has a source for these items, please let it be known. Love the machine.

Reply to
Larry McG.

You love the machine, so you must be using it.

Have you thought of/tried to measure the blades that are in it?

Reply to
Leon

You neglected to give the brand name, but if it is a Sears or Festool I can understand that.

Reply to
G. Ross

Sorry about that, it is a Craftsman .

Reply to
Larry McG.

Yes I have. That is were I came up with the dimensions I gave. However, the knives are still in the machine and I am using it every day and do not want to take them out until I have replacements. Then I can replace and have the present blades sharpened. That way I will always have a sharp set ready. If you know a source, please let me know.

Reply to
Larry McG.

Larry,

Check out

Dan Kozar

If it is Sears then have you considered trying to order parts from them?

BenignBodger

Well... I took a quick look and those blades are no longer available. I would say take em out and measure em.

Reply to
SonomaProducts.com

Try here

Leon

Just ordered 2 sets from Sears yesterday ?

Reply to
swwise1967
23377.00 is part number
Reply to
swwise1967

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote in news:817e2267-a6fd-4821-b191- snipped-for-privacy@googlegroups.com:

Well this is weird. This is like one of those mystery posts that respond to post from decades ago, except it doesn't seem to be a reply. But Sears stopped selling those blades years ago, so how could the OP have ordered yesterday?

Anyway, they go to a 12.5" planer, so presumably they're 12.5" long, give or take a fraction.

John

Reply to
John McCoy

He said he *ordered* them yesterday. He never said he was going to get them. ;-)

Anyway...it looks like they might be available on eBay.

DerbyDad03

These them?

DerbyDad03