Need Advice re Fein MultiMaster

Hello --
I want to buy my husband a Fein MultiMaster. I'm not sure which to get -- the FMM-250 or the MSXE-636. Is there a big difference? Which one has the most comprehensive starter kit? I don't care about the price, mainly I want the best starter package. I want him to be able to use it right away without having to get more attachments or whatever. He mostly does projects around the house, repairs, remodeling, etc., some (but not as much) woodworking or crafts.
Thanks cara1158

The kit I bought was called 'TOP'. A metal case, and lots of goodies, including dust collection attachment. Variable speed is nice too. By far (at that time) best bang for the buck.
Expect a big smile.
cara1158 wrote:

You want the FMM-250. It's the newest version that includes a quick release mount and more secure, "star" shaft.
The 636 is the old model.
.

DAMN!
cara1158 wrote:

http://www.coastaltool.com/cgi-bin/SoftCart.exe/a/fein/multimaster-comparison.htm?L+coastest+zcjm2781ff750d75+1196125775 has a comparison of the three kits for the old (MSXE-636) and new (FMM-250).
The most comprehensive set would be the FMM-250 "Top", which includes not only the newer tool but several items not included in the MSXE-636 XL kit, one of which is the dust extraction system.
The major difference in the tools is that the older one holds the blades etc by friction alone, while the newer one has an "X" shaped piece on the mount that holds them positively--IMO based on experience with the older tool this is a significant improvement.
--John

You want the latest model, IIRC the 250. This model has the quick release for all the attachments.
AND if you husband wants this tool and price is no object you save lots of money by getting the kit with the most accessories. Accessories are Expensive and you get a sizeable discount with the larger kits.

Tools using in making models This is Alexander zhang from Shenzhen shenchuang industrial company, a specialized tools manufacturer. Our product 6 in 1 is specially designed for making models. they are really novel products. It can make of mini jigsaw, metal lathe, wood lathe, grinder, miller, driller. You can make whatever models by using our products. Contact: thegoodtool at gmail com
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Assuming that you're really trying to be helpful and not just spamming randomly, spend the 200 bucks or whatever it costs for a business license, rent some space in San Diego or San Francisco or Los Angeles or Seattle and ship over a few containers of your product, then put up a Web site with direct ordering and take out an ad in Fine Woodworking or the like and send some sample machines out to the woodworking magazines and if your product is decent and useful you'll likely sell quite a lot of them. Make sure you hire a bookkeeper and pay your taxes. Get an account with UPS or Federal Express if they're small enough to ship that way, otherwise negotiate a deal with a freight company.
This is where so many Chinese companies fall on their faces--their idea of "marketing" is to post on USENET and not have any way for anyone reading their post to obtain their product.
--John