### Nail gun art

Page 1 of 2
Anybody with a sheet of plywood & a nail gun wanna try this ?
http://www.wimp.com/nailart /
Smitty
In article

Wish I could believe it was real...
On Thu, 11 Mar 2010 16:47:27 -0600, Dave Balderstone

...yah, that's some cool BS there... ;)
cg

####################### I did some research =
############################### Fake, for several reasons:
* As any shooter will know, shooting from the hip like that is very inaccurate. * You can't keep the rate of fire that those nails appeared at with a semi-automatic for that long, especially not if you want to maintain accuracy. * The rate the nails appeared at is much higher than the rate of the trigger pulls. * Not a single nail bounces off another nail (which would also be quite dangerous, and they should have worn more than simple eye protection). * All the nails are hammered in perfectly straight to exactly the same depth. A nail is hardly a ballistically stable projectile, and I wouldn't expect such perfect results. * A nail gun is not made to fire nails on a predictable trajectory. There would be a larger inaccuracy inherent in it. * No one got hurt. Due to the risk of bouncing nails off other nails, and nails tumbling and not hitting point first, nails should be flying all over the place.
Also, but I'm not quite sure of this, I've never seen flat head nails used in a nail gun, I've only seen nails with a small conical head (Dyckert in Swedish, have no idea what the English word is. See image for dyckert on wikipedia: http://sv.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dyckert).
Smitty ####################

how about an endless magazine?
"Robatoy" wrote
how about an endless magazine? ================== Those are a "staple" in the movies.
Like those 50 shot six shooters.
On Thu, 11 Mar 2010 20:37:23 -0500, "Lee Michaels"

They solved that in this spoof by showing that the cover was left dangling and the nails were being fed in from the floor. They either taped sets of nails together, or more likely, reloaded during one of the many stops in the filming they made.
The whole thing was a pretty major dice and splice job.
Used a movie camera in single frame mode.
I don't believe a user could hold up a gun and hose that long and pull his finger that many times without going into spasms!
Martin
snipped-for-privacy@smallboots.com wrote:

On Fri, 12 Mar 2010 23:42:44 -0600, "Martin H. Eastburn"

I really don't think it was anything that complicated. The guy shooting the nails, and the Mona Lisa could have been (and probably were) shot seperately. I also doubt film was involved.

On Thu, 11 Mar 2010 17:29:59 -0800 (PST), the infamous Robatoy

Tell that to a gunslinger who shoots 12,000 round a month. Muscle memory becomes extremely good.

Didn't you see his calloused trigger finger?

Bump-firing does that.

Poetic license for Pros.

No, the first several were 3/8" deeper due to the static PSI. Running psi nails were all the same.

What? The guy's obviously a pro.

Pro.
Those are roofing nails. _Very_ common. http://tinyurl.com/y8ghxho

Pretty trick, wot? I'm sure they duct-taped rolls together. Didn't you see the end of the endless roll on the table in the forefront? ;)
-- There is no such thing as limits to growth, because there are no limits to the human capacity for intelligence, imagination, and wonder. --Ronald Reagan
oh, hey... just enjoy it for the 'photoshop' fun it obviously is....
Admirable job

Also at 51 seconds you can see 2 distinct and very separate lines being formed at the same time. Also the nails feeding into the gun appear more like a cartoon drawing than real.
Allen

Had to do the research, did ya? :-p
--

-MIKE-

On Thu, 11 Mar 2010 17:16:01 -0800 (PST), " snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com"

I can't believe anyone thinks this needed a serious evaluation. It was OBVIOUSLY done as a joke.
Oh... Its a roofing nailgun. They shoot roofing nails which have circular flat heads as shown.

Bullshit.
On Thu, 11 Mar 2010 17:09:00 -0800 (PST), the infamous Robatoy

Literalists are _sooo_ fun to watch react. <bseg>
-- There is no such thing as limits to growth, because there are no limits to the human capacity for intelligence, imagination, and wonder. --Ronald Reagan
On Thu, 11 Mar 2010 20:05:17 -0800, Larry Jaques

...I like your first post! ;0)
cg
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote the following:

since he isn't even pointing the gun at the part where the nails are supposedly sticking.
--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY

Gravity fluctuates in that shop. Don't worry about it.
-- There is no such thing as limits to growth, because there are no limits to the human capacity for intelligence, imagination, and wonder. --Ronald Reagan

Sorry. That's just horse s**t. Creative by horse s**t nonetheless.
But I do kinda wonder how they did it.
RonB