### Nail gun art

Anybody with a sheet of plywood & a nail gun wanna try this ?

papadoo1

Wish I could believe it was real...

Reply to
Dave Balderstone

...yah, that's some cool BS there... ;)

cg

Reply to
Chasgroh

Bullshit.

Reply to
Robatoy

####################### I did some research =3D

############################### Fake, for several reasons:

  • As any shooter will know, shooting from the hip like that is very inaccurate.
  • You can't keep the rate of fire that those nails appeared at with a semi-automatic for that long, especially not if you want to maintain accuracy.
  • The rate the nails appeared at is much higher than the rate of the trigger pulls.
  • Not a single nail bounces off another nail (which would also be quite dangerous, and they should have worn more than simple eye protection).
  • All the nails are hammered in perfectly straight to exactly the same depth. A nail is hardly a ballistically stable projectile, and I wouldn't expect such perfect results.
  • A nail gun is not made to fire nails on a predictable trajectory. There would be a larger inaccuracy inherent in it.
  • No one got hurt. Due to the risk of bouncing nails off other nails, and nails tumbling and not hitting point first, nails should be flying all over the place.

Also, but I'm not quite sure of this, I've never seen flat head nails used in a nail gun, I've only seen nails with a small conical head (Dyckert in Swedish, have no idea what the English word is. See image for dyckert on wikipedia:

papadoo1

how about an endless magazine?

Reply to
Robatoy

oh, hey... just enjoy it for the 'photoshop' fun it obviously is....

Admirable job

Reply to
jbry3

"Robatoy" wrote

how about an endless magazine? ===================

Those are a "staple" in the movies.

Like those 50 shot six shooters.

Reply to
Lee Michaels

Also at 51 seconds you can see 2 distinct and very separate lines being formed at the same time. Also the nails feeding into the gun appear more like a cartoon drawing than real.

Allen

Reply to
allen476

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote the following:

That's pretty good. He must be applying some English to those nails since he isn't even pointing the gun at the part where the nails are supposedly sticking.

Reply to
willshak

On Thu, 11 Mar 2010 17:09:00 -0800 (PST), the infamous Robatoy scrawled the following:

Literalists are _sooo_ fun to watch react.

-- There is no such thing as limits to growth, because there are no limits to the human capacity for intelligence, imagination, and wonder. --Ronald Reagan

Reply to
Larry Jaques

On Thu, 11 Mar 2010 17:29:59 -0800 (PST), the infamous Robatoy scrawled the following:

Tell that to a gunslinger who shoots 12,000 round a month. Muscle memory becomes extremely good.

Didn't you see his calloused trigger finger?

Bump-firing does that.

Poetic license for Pros.

No, the first several were 3/8" deeper due to the static PSI. Running psi nails were all the same.

What? The guy's obviously a pro.

Pro.

> Smitty

Pretty trick, wot? I'm sure they duct-taped rolls together. Didn't you see the end of the endless roll on the table in the forefront? ;)

-- There is no such thing as limits to growth, because there are no limits to the human capacity for intelligence, imagination, and wonder. --Ronald Reagan

Reply to
Larry Jaques

On Thu, 11 Mar 2010 21:59:39 -0500, the infamous willshak scrawled the following:

Gravity fluctuates in that shop. Don't worry about it.

-- There is no such thing as limits to growth, because there are no limits to the human capacity for intelligence, imagination, and wonder. --Ronald Reagan

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Had to do the research, did ya? :-p

Reply to
-MIKE-

...I like your first post! ;0)

cg

Reply to
Chasgroh

I can't believe anyone thinks this needed a serious evaluation. It was OBVIOUSLY done as a joke.

Oh... Its a roofing nailgun. They shoot roofing nails which have circular flat heads as shown.

Reply to
snotty

They solved that in this spoof by showing that the cover was left dangling and the nails were being fed in from the floor. They either taped sets of nails together, or more likely, reloaded during one of the many stops in the filming they made.

The whole thing was a pretty major dice and splice job.

Reply to
snotty

Sorry. That's just horse s**t. Creative by horse s**t nonetheless.

But I do kinda wonder how they did it.

RonB

Reply to
RonB

Used to call that weapon a Hollywood repeater. Joe G

Reply to
GROVER

Impossible. Nail guns do not have rifled barrels. The nails just tumble through the air. Maybe one in ten would actually stick in the plywood. As for accuracy you would be lucky to hit the plywood.

I have a couple of nail guns and have tried shooting them.

If your wondering why, a friend saw my Paslode cordless framer. He had seen movies where they used the nailer as a gun. I bet him a box of beer that it was BS and won. That being said you wouldn't want to be standing in the line of fire. Those nails are really moving when they come out of the nailers.

Likely all they did in the movie was to start with the finished "picture" edit in a blank plywood sheet, then slowly edit the nails back into view.

Reading this thread leads me to believe a few or you guys believe the video. I guess P.T. Barnum was, there's a sucker born every minute.

If your still dumb enough to think "Duh! Da nails always go in straight" then "Duh! Da range is less than an inch" about the length of your perception.

LdB

Box of beer anyone? :)

LdB

Reply to