Nahmie The Brad Nail Gunner - A Song

Got an email from someone who said that I should preface this by saying that it is to be sung to the tune of Roland The Thompson Gunner - by Warren Zevon - 'cause he just thought it was bad poetry - until he got to the end - and then he didn't care anymore.
Nahmie was a carpenter from the Land of New England With a Brad Nail Gun for hire, nailing to be done The deal was made in Boston on a dark and stormy day So he hooked up with Bob Vila to join the bloody fray
Through the eighties decade they fought the Rehab war Their fingers on their Nail Guns, knee-deep in gore For days and nights they battled the rat shacks to their knees They nailed to earn their living on the This Old House Series
Nahmie the Brad Nail Gunner Nahmie the Brad Nail Gunner
His comrades fought beside him - Trethewey and the rest But of all the Brad Nail Gunners Nahmie was the best Then the PBS decided they wanted Vila dead That son-of-a-bitch Russ Morash blew off Vila's head
Nahmie the Bobless Brad Nail Gunner Nahmie the Bobless Brad Nail Gunner (Talking about the man)
They can still see his Bobless body stalking through the night In the muzzle flash of Nahmie's Brad Nail Gun In the muzzle flash of Nahmie's Brad Nail Gun
Nahmie searched the continent for a host who would not sin He found him in South Florida on a sailboat drinking gin Nahmie aimed his Brad Nail Gun - he didn't say a word But he forced that poor Steve Thomas to move to the Boston burg
Nahmie the Bobless Brad Nail Gunner Nahmie the Bobless Brad Nail Gunner (Who needs Bob anyway)
(apologies to Mr. Zevon - RIP)
Made my night, Tom!
LOL!
Didn't need the preface, neither!
djb
--
There are no socks in my email address.

"Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati"
Roland the HEADLESS Thompson Gunner !! {First time I heard it was a couple of weeks ago, when Joanne drove me home from the hospital - have NO IDEA where THAT came from !!}

hmmmmm
i'll give it a 32...it's got a good beat but ya can't dance to it....
Myx

Tom Watson wrote:

I heard he's dying of cancer. Is that true and is he still with us?
Rich
--
"You can lead them to LINUX
but you can't make them THINK"
EvoDawg wrote:

He was dying from cancer.

Yes and no, in that order. A couple few weeks (months(?)) ago to be factual. He did finish his album.
UA100