My Woodworking Webpage

I just finished the first step in my woodworking webpage. Links are at the bottom.

NorthIdahoWWer

Nice looking work Will!.

Reply to
Rumpty

Will,

Looking at your railing project, try to reduce the file size of each image for faster loading. Do a color reduction to 256 colors and you will have a photo that loads twice as fast with no noticeable loss of image quality.

Reply to
Rumpty

Nice work!

However, I think the Mazda was a poor choice for a drying rack.

You'll get much better results stepping up to an F-150...made in America quality!

Reply to
wood_newbie

I agree but the Mazda was free from a friend. Beggars can't be choosers.

Reply to
NorthIdahoWWer

Sorry, I hadn't noticed the photo loading problem... I forget that not everyone has broadband. If I have time, I'll fix the pics. The only reason I got that much onto the net was because last night was my monthly insomnia episode. Will

Reply to
NorthIdahoWWer

I don't think it is his photo size, I think Adelphia has a problem. They are not serving up the user pages worth a crap tonight.

Alan

Reply to
arw01

Loaded just fine for me. Oh, wait, I have broadband.

Don't reduce your photo quality to suit the needs of those that don't wanna get broadband.

Reply to
stoutman

You might actually be better using resized versions of the images (without reducing colour depth) but linking to the full sized images (for those that want to see them).

Cheers,

Andy

Reply to
Andy Jeffries

Many don't have a choice, stoutman. DSL still requires you live fairly close to a switching station, and cable doesn't run everywhere.

-John

Reply to
John Girouard

It is his pics this is big and can be reduced to at lest 70kb without loss of detail.

357.74 kB

-- Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

Reply to
The3rd Earl Of Derby

I'm always amazed at the number of commercial websites that forget that fact. DSL is still 15 miles down the "mountain" from here. Cable TV arrived in the early 80's but broadband didn't arrive until this past year. Until I finish the new house our version of broadband is SWMBO dialing up on the personal line and me dialing up on the business line.

The OP could certainly reduce the file size of the photos to a fraction of their current size without losing any noticable detail or color depth.

That railing and stairs is beautiful, to bad my project isn't anywhere near Idaho.

Reply to
Archangel

isn't that an oxymoron?

Reply to
gsl

He doesn't need to reduce the number of colors to an unacceptable level, he just needs to save the JPG with SOME compression.

I threw one of the 320x210 pics (233k) into photoshop, and saved it at "65" level of compression (out of 100) that reduced it to 16k.

Reply to
Larry Bud