My new Steel City Saw vs. KingKong

My new Steel City small 10" cabinet saw arrived at the dealers today. I can't believe the packaging this saw came in. After listening to horror stories of shipping problems I think the pictures of the way Steel City ships it's products will be refreshing.
http://www.nami-savannah.org/woodworking.htm
I know this saw resembles the Sears Orion saws but the quality of the fit and finish is way more than I expected and it was available with a 3 hp motor and 2X heavy duty belt for the same price as the Sears saw. After using a 1958 Sears contractor saw for over 45 years ( which has had every part replaced at least once) I think this new saw will rock.
Bob wrote:

Keep us posted - I'm interested in hearing more about this new brand.
JP
Is there a core charge for that shipping container? Do you have to return it?

Not only does the saw resemble the Sears-Orion, so does the cage. My Craftsman Zip Code saw came enclosed in a cage that looks just like it. Like you, I really didn't want to waste it so I knocked off the stubby little legs, installed some casters roughly where they were, bolted a piece of plywood to the top and mounted my bench grinder on it.
Lee

Bob wrote:

Definitely keep us posted on how that works out for you. I haven't even seen any of their goods yet. The nearest distributor to me is 350 miles and one state away.
--
JeffB
remove no.spam. to email
Bob wrote:

Wow! =8^0
Bob wrote:

Maybe your floor is uneven. Try using shims.