My amateurish woodshop

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o290/Robatoy/MegaRouter.jpg
Robatoy wrote:

What do you do with the corpses after the torture session?

I guess you are not man enough to use a real router, so you have to use the big machine version.

Was that the living room prior to becomign a workshop? Otherwise, explain the wallpaper border at the ceiling line... <grin>
I presume this is attached to the house somehow. Does this cause any dust problems for you?
Regards, Joe Agro, Jr. (800) 871-5022 01.908.542.0244 Automatic / Pneumatic Drills: http://www.AutoDrill.com Multiple Spindle Drills: http://www.Multi-Drill.com Flagship Site: http://www.Drill-N-Tap.com
V8013-R

It was a horse equipment/saddle shop before I took it over. The floors are still carpeted. <G>

It's a stand-alone building. 6 km from my house. This is another shot of the same corner, but at the back, right. That shows about half of the total space.
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o290/Robatoy/P1000090.jpg

Gotcha. Carpeting is nice on the feet, but bad on the clean-up side of things. :)
...Any leftover saddles left behind? I've got this motorcycle project that I'd like to taclke (no pun intended).

Probably looks larger than it really is, but seems you are using a lot of the space...
22' X 15' I'm guessing?
Our shop here is pretty decent for what we do... 40' X 50' total with an office as part of it... But we ran this same business out of a 9' X 30' room until two years ago. Only way we did it was because we had 16' ceilings and stuff stacked to the rim in all directions. Couldn't even tape up a box if someone was on the phone. :)
--

Regards,
Joe Agro, Jr.

All told it is 1800 sq ft. The side of the picture is about 800. There's a room behind the wall where the sawblades are hanging. The office is 10 x 12..a real big one..lol. The showroom for my samples is about 10 x 20. The east section is storage, but will become fabrication space.... and I might enlarge the show area a bit. I'll be okay for 2 more years then I will build somewhere again. Maybe put up a strip mall and take 1/2 of it for myself. Oh wait...I'm supposed to be retired..LOL

Nobody with an active brain remains retired very long unless they have a very active hobby.
Much success to you in whatever route you take.
Regards, Joe Agro, Jr. (800) 871-5022 01.908.542.0244 Automatic / Pneumatic Drills: http://www.AutoDrill.com Multiple Spindle Drills: http://www.Multi-Drill.com Flagship Site: http://www.Drill-N-Tap.com
V8013-R

.
I noticed a small cylindrical air cleaner hanging from the ceiling. I'm looking to buy such a thing and I was wondering if that one is effective. My shop area is quite small, about 15x15x8, so I'm looking for a smallish unit.
Mitch
I noticed a small cylindrical air cleaner hanging from the ceiling. I'm looking to buy such a thing and I was wondering if that one is effective. My shop area is quite small, about 15x15x8, so I'm looking for a smallish unit.
Too bad. Lee Valley had them on sale @$49 for several months but they're no longer available. I almost bought one (without any place to put it) just because it was such a good price.
http://www.leevalley.com/wood/page.aspx?c=1&p0278&cat=1,42401

I bought mine from Lee Valley....I guess they no longer carry them. It is very effective. I know it is, because the filter needs a blow- out at least once a week... depending what we've been doing. It is very quiet.