My amateurish woodshop

Doug Winterburn

big machine version.

Reply to
Lee Michaels

the wallpaper border at the ceiling line...

I presume this is attached to the house somehow. Does this cause any dust problems for you?

Regards, Joe Agro, Jr. (800) 871-5022

01.908.542.0244 Automatic / Pneumatic Drills:
Spindle Drills:
Site:
Joe AutoDrill

It was a horse equipment/saddle shop before I took it over. The floors are still carpeted.

It's a stand-alone building. 6 km from my house. This is another shot of the same corner, but at the back, right. That shows about half of the total space.

Robatoy

Gotcha. Carpeting is nice on the feet, but bad on the clean-up side of things. :)

...Any leftover saddles left behind? I've got this motorcycle project that I'd like to taclke (no pun intended).

the space...

22' X 15' I'm guessing?

Our shop here is pretty decent for what we do... 40' X 50' total with an office as part of it... But we ran this same business out of a 9' X 30' room until two years ago. Only way we did it was because we had 16' ceilings and stuff stacked to the rim in all directions. Couldn't even tape up a box if someone was on the phone. :)

Reply to
Joe AutoDrill

All told it is 1800 sq ft. The side of the picture is about 800. There's a room behind the wall where the sawblades are hanging. The office is 10 x 12..a real big one..lol. The showroom for my samples is about 10 x 20. The east section is storage, but will become fabrication space.... and I might enlarge the show area a bit. I'll be okay for 2 more years then I will build somewhere again. Maybe put up a strip mall and take 1/2 of it for myself. Oh wait...I'm supposed to be retired..LOL

Reply to
Robatoy

Nobody with an active brain remains retired very long unless they have a very active hobby.

Much success to you in whatever route you take.

Regards, Joe Agro, Jr. (800) 871-5022

01.908.542.0244 Automatic / Pneumatic Drills:
Spindle Drills:
Site:
Joe AutoDrill

I noticed a small cylindrical air cleaner hanging from the ceiling. I'm looking to buy such a thing and I was wondering if that one is effective. My shop area is quite small, about 15x15x8, so I'm looking for a smallish unit.

Mitch

Reply to
MB

Too bad. Lee Valley had them on sale @$49 for several months but they're no longer available. I almost bought one (without any place to put it) just because it was such a good price.

Upscale

I bought mine from Lee Valley....I guess they no longer carry them. It is very effective. I know it is, because the filter needs a blow- out at least once a week... depending what we've been doing. It is very quiet.

Reply to
Robatoy