Movie of the rec's resident troll unearthed

Page 1 of 2

For all of you who have been suffering through the onslaught of the numbers-only identity troll; you might enjoy seeing the hidden camera footage of the troll at work in his lair: <http://www.ehowa.com/showmovie.shtml?movie=crazygermankid.wmv

Must have run out of Prozac again.
Mark & Juanita wrote:

Damn! That's the most bizzare display I think I've ever seen. Wow.
Joe Barta

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
... closing breach on my tranquillizer gun...
Robatoy wrote:

I'd love to know the story behind that... what he was doing, what he was saying, and why he was so off the chain.
Wouldn't it be sad if that behavior was actually the result of years of medicating that child in an effort to "fix" something that his misguided parents felt needed "fixing"?
Or... maybe he just needs a long overdue beating.
Joe Barta

Man, you said a mouthful.
Funny how few of those new-fangled ADD-type of problems existed in parochial school. Sister Mary-Ellen "The Bear" was a great substitute for Retelin. She'd break a 48" wooden rule on your ass if she thought it would help you 'understand'.
Maybe my woodworking interests came from those days?
Robatoy wrote:

Well, according to the believers, the problems did exist. They just remained "untreated".

And this was one of the treatments of the day. Personally I think some occasional corporal punishment would do a world of good in schools today. Unfortunately we've "evolved" past that and supposely can fix just about anything with a pill of one sort or another.

My first woodworking adventure came when I was around six or seven. My grandpa bought me a little pint sized hachet. I went into the backyard and started chopping points onto sticks. I was gonna make me some spears. Well, mom came along and saw what I was doing, took away the hatchet, took away the spears and probably yelled at grandpa. Moms just don't understand ;-)
Joe Barta

My parents bought me a junior carpenter kit that included a rubber hand saw. They gave it to me while at grandma and grandpa's house. While no one was in the room with me, I proceeded to use said rubber saw on the brand new (or brand new looking) chippendale style cherry dining chair. Yeah, it left a mark, Yeah, I got a whuppin' fer that.
Fortunately SWMBO doesn't do the same to me when I make a mistake nowadays.

What about that kid screaming at his mom for some chocolate milk while playing a game?
Robatoy wrote:

I went to Catholic school too...and for the most part was glad I did. But I got plenty of "understanding" too. Irish nuns...their order was the Sisters of Mercy. ("The Sisters Without Mercy.")
I would love to visit Ireland someday, but I'm afraid that, evertime I heard an adult female speak, I would automatically just "assume the position."

Mantaining discipline in parochial schools is, quite simply, nothing more than force of habit.
Robert Bonomi wrote:

The paddle used at my school had large holes drilled in the bidness end of it so as to make it displace a smaller volume of air when swung.
Sister Aloicious did not swing heavy wood, but she was a big believer in bat speed.

She taught physics, eh?
kinetic energy = mass * velocity**2
On Thu, 23 Feb 2006 21:28:33 -0000, snipped-for-privacy@host122.r-bonomi.com (Robert Bonomi) wrote:

She didn't use it hard enough. It's (1/2)mv**2

The holes help displace the cushion of air between the butt and the prattle, fractions of an inch before it landed and there is more force in a more concentrated area.
"Leon" wrote in message

Two most used tools in the woodworking shop in HS: the planer, to plane down the fat part of the baseball bat, and the drill press, to drill holes in the resultant, two handed, paddle.
No self respecting coach would walk the hallways without one. My bony butt was once the recipient of 7 of those two handed "swats" and was multicolored for weeks.
You would probably go to jail for doing that today ... of course you would probably also go to jail for doing what I did to deserve them.
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 12/13/05
"Robert Bonomi" wrote in message

LOL Nice double entendre there, Robert ... much appreciated by a former Catholic school inmate.
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 12/13/05
"Robatoy" wrote in message

Reminds me of the one about the Doc who walked in the kid's hospital room and asked him how he was doing. The kid immediately went into hysterics hollering "I can't see, I can't see, I can't see". Doc looked over at the kid's mother and asked how long he had had hysterical blindness. She calmly replied "Only since you stepped in front of his TV".
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 12/13/05

Touch
Leon wrote:

All that work to put in an accent.....and it really shouldn't be there. (Curious how you did it though!).
JP