Mounting glass table top to wood

Does anyone know what to use to support an all glass top on a wooden and frame? I'm thinking the weight of the glass will keep it in place so maybe clear mushroom suction cups or silicon like disks. Haven't been able to find anyone that sells the disks. Rusty
"Rusty" wrote:

Depends on the size of the glass.
Typically, glass is supported around the edges using mole skin rings the size of maybe a dime to provide point support.
Depending on size of glass, intermediate support points may be req'd.
Make sure you only have point, not line, of support otherwise cracking along line of support is a possibility.
Trap glass around edges with a rabbit cut into wood frame.
Gravity will keep glass in place if properly trapped.
Talk to a glass house to get proper design skinny.
Have fun.
Lew

I think it depends on how much of the table surface is supported by the frame and what parts of it are being supported. I've got some dark glass shelving that is being supported by metal brackets that I lined with dark brown suede leather. The glass doesn't move anywhere and hasn't for the last 10 years. It's a simple, easy solution that so far, has worked very well for me.

Any local glass company should have what you need.
Thanks

frame?" Depending on the design of your frame, you could use cabinet door "bumpers", which are available in sizes from 1/4" and up, square, round, strip shapes, in vinyl, felt, rubber, Teflon, etc., if you are talking about the interface transition between glass and wood.
From your description I could not visualize what this item looks like or I could be more specific. regards, Joe.