more terrified wood ... sawdust

What would a woodworker want with - sawdust from torrefied maple ? .. just something that I wonder about, when I see it for sale .. < having just recently first heard about torrified wood > John T.
--- ---
On 6/14/2014 4:28 PM, snipped-for-privacy@ccanoemail.com wrote:

http://www.silvatimber.co.uk/media/pdfs/torrefied-wood/torrefied-wood-explained.pdf . Interesting. Must be good if MY ancestors have been doing this since the turn of the 8th century.

Thanks for the link. But - does the sawdust have some specialized uses ? John T.
--- ---