Mobile Base for WT table saw

I have an old Walker Turner 2221 table saw which is currently bolted to a very high dolly. It's okay for me (6' 3"), but is clearly a danger to my girlfriend. I was wondering: * Can anybody give me a ball park estimate on what it weighs (other than really heavy) * Does anybody have opinions about the various "Mobile Bases" I see advertised?

thanks

Reply to
sibosop

The Rockler All-Terrain mobile base has recieved excellent reviews. The large wheels allow easy movement of heavy equipment.

Best, Christopher

Reply to
Christopher Glaeser

A partial sheet of 3/4" plywood, attached four 3" casters. Total cost about $30-$50, depending on how fancy you want the wheels.

Reply to
Just Wondering

Reply to
SonomaProducts.com

And that raises the tool the height of the casters plus the thickness of the plywood.

Reply to
J. Clarke

Don't know it by model number well enough to hazard guess, but look up weight of current Powermatic of same size blade and add, say, 50lb to account for the motor difference from then/now and some shields, etc., and I'll wager you'd be adequately safe for the purpose...

--

Reply to
dpb

Can't help with the weight, but take a look at the Shop Fox bases at Grizzly.

are adjustable in size, have a variety of weight capacities, are stable and barely raise the machine 1/2" to 1" off of the floor. They are reasonably priced too. I have one under my Grizzly 1023S which has a weight of around 450 pounds; and our son uses one under his contractor saw. Both of us are very pleased.

RonB

Reply to
RonB

Yes. I finally found it in a catalog with some help.

375 pounds shipping weight.
Reply to
sibosop

Right. That is basically the setup I have now.

sibosop

I recently picked up the "extra heavy duty" shopfox mobile base from Grizzly for my PM3000. The base is 'rated' #800 and keeps it barely an inch off the floor, you might want to take a look at it. They have some that are rated #1300...wonder why I did not see that one....

base

Reply to
SteveA