Mobile base for jointer?

I'm thinking of the Delta 50-345 mobile base for my Jet 6" jointer.
http://www.shopforpowertools.com/tools/B0000223CL.html
There's a review on Amazon that says it's got a minimum size of 15-1/2 inches. The jointer base is 13" deep. Has anybody done this combination? Is the size mismatch going to be a problem?

Put a piece of 3/4" plywood in it, then bolt the jointer on top of the plywood. It will work fine. I mounted a drill press this way and its been solid.
Bob
In put a shop fox brand from together yesterday. It's pretty solid, and was 20$. All steel.
http://www.grizzly.com/products/item.cfm?ItemNumber=G7314
Dave

Oops! 20$ more - not 20$.

That URL points to a mobile base costing $69.95. Are you sure that's the one you were thinking of for $20?
Roy Smith wrote:

15-1/2
I made a mobile base for my 6" jointer with a piece of plywood cut to 2" oversize, some 1X3 for cleats on the outside of the jointer legs, an some locking casters from Grainger (also available from Highland Hardware).
I built one for an 8" jointer... Two sheets of 3/4" ply laminated together with a beam made from 4 pieces of the same perpindicular to the base. Heavy duty swivel, locking casters attached to some doubled up 2X4's completed the job. Pics on ABPW. Tom

Roy,
I see several posts about shop-built bases. These are fine. However, I wanted to point out one big plus for the delta style base. The feature that lets you set or release the front feet by one simple lever is rock solid and hard to beat. I have not found a similar shop built feature that did not require welding or special hardware to match. I bought the equivalent mobiles bases at a Rockler store on sale for $39.95 each - hard to beat.
Bob