Miter Angle - Brain is Stuck

My brain is failing me. I am putting down baseboards in a room with an oblique inside angle - I measure it at 136 degrees. What miter angle do I cut for the miter? 68 degrees?
Also, is it preferable to cope odd angles as well as 90 angles?
Below is what the inside angle looks like.
\_

Yes 68 degrees. And I believe the angle you are describing is better defined as obtuse.

Yes, sorry for being obtuse. Does this mean I need a jig for my miter saw?

piece on the saw at a 90 degree angle to normal and squared up against the square piece of plywood and cut at 22 degrees IIRC.

in general any miter angle will be half the angle of the "corner" you're installing to.
i don't really see any major additional issues on miter vs. coping for obtuse angles vs. a right angle. Coping for an obtuse angle will require you back cut the joint like you do for crown moulding. Also the greater than angle I think the less the effectiveness of the cope since you won't be digging into the butted joint as much as you would with a right angle.
Think I'd miter them and call it good.
ml
On Sun, 26 Jun 2005 11:10:11 -0400, "Buck Turgidson"

If you are reading your angle finder correctly then you are right and half of your angle or 68 degrees would be the cut for each piece. Just a note, some angle finders have only one scale and this requires you to subtract the reading from 180 degrees which would in fact give you a 44 degree angle. In this case, half the measurement would be 22 degrees which seems to match your fine ASCII art<g> a little closer.
BTW, I only cope my 90 degree inside corners.
Mike O.

I am embarrassed that something so basic is confusing me. I assumed it was 136 because another 44 degress would make it 180, or a straight line. But the shallower cuts visually make more sense.
Here is a software program that will help you with all kinds of molding excel file attach