Micro-adjust edge guide for Craftsman 500 router

I just "inherited" a Craftsman 500 router. I went to Sears and purchased the edge-guide they sell for it and am astonished to find that it has no micro-adjust of any kind (my 30-or-so year old Craftsman edge guide had that but is incompatible!).
This model router has no holes in the base for an edge guide so the guide must be screwed to the base of the router after the plastic sub-base is removed.
Are there edge guides out there that would be compatible with this router and do have some sort of micro-adjust?
Thanks for this!
Sounds, to me, that you might be a lot happier screwing that router to a table.
--
PDQ --
| I just "inherited" a Craftsman 500 router. I went to Sears and | purchased the edge-guide they sell for it and am astonished to find | that it has no micro-adjust of any kind (my 30-or-so year old Craftsman | edge guide had that but is incompatible!). | | This model router has no holes in the base for an edge guide so the | guide must be screwed to the base of the router after the plastic | sub-base is removed. | | Are there edge guides out there that would be compatible with this | router and do have some sort of micro-adjust? | | Thanks for this!|
snipped-for-privacy@uwo.ca wrote:

go to Microfence.com. He seems to have adapters for every other model router. Ain't cheap but if you want micro adjustability - as in 1/1000ths of an inch the MicroFence will do it. Use the "two pass" method for perfect fits - bit smaller than desired width of groove, make a pass, measure what you've got with calipers, measure the width of the inlay band for example, calculate the difference, dial the difference in plus a few thousandths for "slop" and you get a fit that's fingernail good (run your finger over the inlayed area and not feel when you left the base material and crossed over to the inlay.
And if you want to make two curved edges that match exactly - well he's got two circle jig attachments that let you dial in how tight the fit.
Want to make ovals - up to 12 feet long? Get the oval adapter.
And so on, and so on, and so on.
charlie b