Merry Christmas and iPhone App(s)

First of all, Merry Christmas to you all.
Anyone using smartphone apps for woodworking? If so, what are your recommendations of a good app, specifically for the iPhone?
Thanks
On Wed, 25 Dec 2013 14:40:18 -0500, Meanie wrote:

Any iPhone generation kiddies who have tried woodworking would no longer own thumbs...
--
The elite don't like getting exposed.

On Wed, 25 Dec 2013 21:04:47 +0000 (UTC), Parko

Now *that's* funny!
snipped-for-privacy@attt.bizz wrote:

I must have smashed my fingers or thumbs with hammer 4 or 5 times in my youth. I still have a pretty good recollection of what it felt like, and I'm glad to have mostly-learned a few lessons early. Let he who is without scars cast the first stone! : )
The comments above remind me of the story about the neighbor who borrowed a hand drill, and then complained to the loaner for not warning him after he drilled through a board and into his hand! Someone should have maybe given him a hammer to play with when he was little!
Bill wrote:

Oh, and nails! : )

If you only did it four or five times, you lead a sheltered life but that's not the point.

Any left thinking American would have sued!
On Thu, 26 Dec 2013 19:50:23 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@attt.bizz wrote:

As did the wife of the man who used his Craftman Drill in the pool. She won of course and now we have labels that try and teach common sense.
Mark
Markem wrote:

Well, they always warn you about the dust! I couldn't locate the story, but I'd read it if it is handy.
Bill

I do not have the story available. It was over 30 years ago.
Mark
snipped-for-privacy@attt.bizz wrote:

I only count the ones that left big "blood blisters". Have you done that more than 4 or 5 times? : )

In my life? Certainly. Countless times.
Once, I was putting the finishing touches on a garage I was building. I was working at about 5:30 on a December weeknight (after work) trying to finish up the sofit and facia. It was perhaps 30F and the aluminum nails are short. I whacked my (frozen) fingers and came off the latter like a shot. My wife was standing by, laughing. Not a smart thing to do given that I was still holding the hammer.
I used to tell her that after whacking my thumb that I was "allowed" to say anything that came to mind.
snipped-for-privacy@attt.bizz wrote:

The impulse "to move" must be biological huh? It's not like you need to be taught how to do it! ; )
I don't want to sound like a sissy, but sometime I hold small nails with a piece of paper, which easily tears away.

After than incident, I got out a pair of needle nose pliers to hold the nails.

If there are any of you guys that still have hair and use a comb, the teeth can be used to hold a small nail.
Reminds me of a neighbor kid who wanted to learn some basic carpenterin' techniques. It happened that I was building a ten by ten shed (including porch). I had him on the roof nailing in the shingles. He seemed to be doing quite well except that he hit his thumb twice while I watched. Turns out he was holding the nail in place, not only to get it started, but all the way down. Guess I thought that common sense would rule. Not at age 13. Aside: he joined the army out of high school and is doing very well.     mahalo,     jo4hn
jo4hn wrote:

------------------------------------------------ "Mike Marlow" wrote:

------------------------------------- Exactly, I use a brush.
Lew

Specifically MMP Calc, a Calculated Industries fraction calculator.
On 12/25/2013 1:40 PM, Meanie wrote:

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/the-woodshop-widget/id374838026?mt=8
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/construction-master-pro-advanced/id370406446?mt=8
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/dewalt-mobile-pro/id512061305?mt=8
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/cutlist-plus-viewer/id529549730?mt=8
If you use SketchUp and need something for a client to view a SU 3D drawing on ipad or iphone:
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/cubits/id382334969?mt=8
I also use "DropBox", "Evernote" and "Priority Matrix" extensively for all projects, both shop and construction, on both the iPhone and iPad.
And for saving and organizing photos by project to Picasa:
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/web-albums-picasa-photo-viewer/id344997890?mt=8
--
eWoodShop: www.eWoodShop.com
Wood Shop: www.e-WoodShop.net