Material for homebuilt cabinets?

Page 3 of 3
James L Kilpatrick wrote:
> Although I haven't had a chance to start finishing the door edges yet, I > made two doors from 3/4 birch ply with rounded edges. I'm going to try a > couple of purpose-made wood fillers, and if those don't give good results, > I may try good old Bondo.
Leave the Bondo to the junk yard repairs, use epoxy thickened with micro-balloons. At least then you will be working with a real adhesive.
> I'm up to sixteen clamps now, and expect to get more before long.
Take your pick, harbor Freight, Lowes, Home Depot.
They all sell 2" spring clamps for about $1 apiece, in bags of 6-12.
Not the best, but when you need a clamp..........
Lew
That is the carpenter version but it will work. The full blown kit when setup will be MUCH faster and easier to work with.
I have the older version and the K2000 version. After you learn how to deal with the jig and the assemble, you can really make some progress. Consider getting a few of the assemble clamps. They really help out a LOT.
http://www.kregtool.com/products/pht/product.php?PRODUCT_IDr
http://www.kregtool.com/products/pht/product.php?PRODUCT_IDf
Another happy camper using screws and glue.....
James L Kilpatrick wrote:

I just saw this much later after my last post about Kreg... Read up...
http://www.onlinetoolreviews.com/reviews/kregR3.htm