Marking the tools I make...

I've been making a lot of chisels and other tools as of late - and selling them as fast as I can make them (If you're interested have a look at http://members.shaw.ca/mathewa/tools4sale.htm ). I'm going to start making them on a more commercial basis and need to apply a makers mark. I've looked into having a steel stamp made up that I would hammer into the red hot tool steel - but this would probably cause too much bending and or distortion in some of the tools so I've ruled that out and a laser image is out of the question so if anyone has any ideas could you post them.
Thanx Mat

making
is
There is an acid etch process using something similar to a silkscreen. I'm not an expert and dont know the sources, but have used the acid etch method to asset mark tools.
KB

I can't answer your question, but I had to jump in and say that's the most beautiful router plane I've ever seen.
Dan
Thank you - it was a joy to make. I'm planning a run of 5 once I clear away all the other orders for tools.

making
is
In the tool & die business we use an inexpensive acid etcher. for small runs. Do a google search for elctro-etch or I can send you the phone number tomorrow when I get to work. Best, Ken

Please do send the phone number - thanx

selling
red
Wow, beautiful furniture, very professional. well done.

making
is
Did you see the Chippendale Slant Top Desk - I'm mulling over the idea of making it in alumimun. I get the giggles everytime I try to imagine what it would look like. Do you know of anyone who can anodize a grain pattern on alumimun ;-)

selling
red
That would be pretty wild. I do like your aluminum turnings. Regarding your giant chess pieces must've been a heckuva big lathe to turn all that wood. The whole setting looks very nicely concieved and well executed. Bravo!!...

it
image
No the chess pieces were turned on a regular duty Delta 12" lathe. I've since moved up to a oneway 2436 - it doesn't hop around the shop as much.
Thx for the feed back
Mat

I've
the
or
as others have said acid etch may be the best way. the steel stamp is pretty spendy too mine cost me 350 and it is a handheld one. stamping hot steel would not be much fun. You would need a air or mechanical stamper if you stamped much steel. I used to work at a saw shop and did acid etching. it is pretty easy to do.
--
Knight-Toolworks & Custom Planes
http://www.lectroetch.com

making
is

Your tools look absolutely gorgeous.
The page states:
"All prices are quoted in Canadian funds"
But there are no prices quoted.
I guess that means the tools are 'priceless', eh?
--

FF

Oops! I better get that fixed real quick.

selling
Mat
Nice work on the gateleg table. I didn't know what those were called but we have a square version handed down from a couple generations past. It has been relegated to side table status as it's nearly impossible to sit around, as I'm sure you've discovered. ;-)
Joe