Making Plans

O'Toole worked in the lumber yard for twenty years and all that time he'd been stealing the wood and selling it. At last his conscience began to bother him and he went to confession to repent.
"Father, it's 15 years since my last confession, and I've been stealing wood from the lumber yard all those years," he told the priest.
"I understand my son," says the priest. "Can you make a Novena?"
O'Toole said, "Father, if you have the plans, I've got the lumber."

I don't get it.
Locutus wrote:

A Novena is a prayer said nine days in a row. The priest was giving one to the thieving wooddorker, who took off in the wrong direction.
-jav

Obviously, you don't have a catholic taste in humor, then.

Obviously. :) I had no idea what "Novena" was.

Now, go look up what _catholic_ (with an initial lower-case 'c') means.
*GRIN*
Some "comedians" have been known to refer to the 'catholic joint' on the drive-shaft of a rear-wheel drive car.
Robert Bonomi wrote:

I thought that was what you had when you sealed the rolling paper with holy water instead of saliva. :)