major problems in the south.

Page 2 of 2
Rich wrote, wondering if this is really what he meant?

hahaha but I don't live there now. I'll take Southern California to Detroit any day. Beside I can ride my Chopper everyday of the year here.
Rich
--
You can lead them to LINUX
but you can't make them THINK.

Huh? Smaller state that is the most heavily urbanized in the U.S. and it has more country?
Jersey's OK, but it is not really pastoral, though the Pine Barrens were pretty good 25 years ago.
Charlie Self
"Old age is fifteen years older than I am." Oliver Wendell Holmes
Gee, I dunno Charlie, I am from Jersey and live in Hunterdon County, and 1 mile down the road is a Buffalo farm, I live next to Round Valley Resevoir, there's lots of hills, open fields, trees, vegetable farms, dairy farms, horse farms, and gee, we haven't gotten to Sussex or Warren Counties yet. Up there is more of the same, plus stands of white oak, red oak, poplar, maple and pine. I see about 70% of the stars I usually see when pike fishing in northern Quebec, which is pretty good for a metropolitan light polluted area.
Everyone thinks Jersey is just the turnpike and refineries, and I can't blame them, but Northwest NJ is still pretty, now I'm not saying its not "crowded" compared to other parts of the country, but a country boy could survive in places like Newton, or Frenchtown, Blairstown or Belvidere. I know I do. Hell, I never lived more than a mile from a cow until I moved to North Carolina for 5 years (never had "city" water, or sewers till then either), but I'm back now 'cept I live a mile from a buffalo. Only problem is that in the Carolinas I had about 4 local sawmills to get wood from, now I have to haul out to around Williamsport PA to get reasonably priced hardwood. I sure miss going to Steve Wall Lumber in Mayodan.
CW wrote, wondering if this is really what he meant?

I could see his point if he lived in Newark. And in those two days where did you travel to?
Rich
--
You can lead them to LINUX
but you can't make them THINK.

Rich, you escaped to Kal ee for ne ah. (Said with a Swartzeneger accent ;) )
Makes me wonder....
Wes