major problems in the south.

Charlie Self wrote, wondering if this is really what he meant?

Look at a topographical map and you will see that is only against the coast.

It's pretty damn obvious that most of you don't know much about Jersey. The only areas that are overpopulated is the eastern seaboard. I use to live in a small town called Whitehouse, NJ population 600, western area of Jersey. How many of you can say you come from a smaller town? My family ran a cheese factory, cows everywhere. Fishing everywhere. Use to ride my dirt bike for miles and not see anyone or any homes. Most of what you do see are farms.

Went back a year ago this week to visit my mother. 25 miles out of NYor Newark, right around Somerville and to the west it's wide open country with small towns spotting the country side. And it's basically the same after 30 years.

Its not that I'm an advocate of Jersey but I hate it when everyone thinks all of NJ is just another Newark or NYC. It's actually a pretty nice place. The weather sucks but then again 70% of the US has crap weather.

Rich

Reply to
Rich

Rico wrote, wondering if this is really what he meant?

Boy ain't that the truth. And it seems everyone has an excuse for their miserable lives.

Rich

Reply to
Rich

A lot like NY, from whence I came. I've lived in VA for 26 years (last 20 months or so in WV, but that will change ASAP), and cannot make anyone believe that Manhattan doesn't extend to the Canadian border. At least not so they believe it on a permanent basis.

Charlie Self

"Old age is fifteen years older than I am." Oliver Wendell Holmes

Reply to
Charlie Self

snip Rich attacked with:

I lived in Michigan for a long time and nobody ever asked me what exit I was from. My backyard was a forest that went 30 miles in one direction and 45 in another. I don't remember seeing anything like that as I drove through NJ. Dave in Fairfax

Reply to
dave

On 01 Sep 2003 20:53:53 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@aol.comGreg (Gfretwell) pixelated:

How do all those gardens grow upwind and downstream of all the refineries there in Joisey, Greg?

- Woodworkers of the world, Repent! Repeat after me: "Forgive Me Father, For I Have Stained and Polyed."

-

Comprehensive Website Design

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Roy, none as large as Tice's was, but theres still Depiero's, Abma's, Russell's and several others.

TomL

Reply to
TomL

On Tue, 02 Sep 2003 02:08:07 GMT, TomL pixelated:

Wrong. -Pennsylvania- is the Tollbooth State. They use the money to buy potholes and put them in every street. The leftover money goes to graft. I should know. I spent 2 whole _days_ there in 1998. ;)

- Woodworkers of the world, Repent! Repeat after me: "Forgive Me Father, For I Have Stained and Polyed."

-

Comprehensive Website Design

Reply to
Larry Jaques

CW wrote, wondering if this is really what he meant?

I could see his point if he lived in Newark. And in those two days where did you travel to?

Rich

Reply to
Rich

Rich, you escaped to Kal ee for ne ah. (Said with a Swartzeneger accent ;) )

Makes me wonder....

Wes

Reply to
clutch

Have you ever been to Chicago?

Wes

Reply to
clutch

The Mason-Dixon line runs through New Jersey.

Dennis Vogel

Reply to
dennisvogel

If it walked it would get mugged.