machinists and fabricators I need help

Went to an estate sale and picked up a cordomatic 800.

It won't lock the cord in place, so after taking it apart I saw that it needed new pawls to stop it. I started fabricating new ones.

Image is here.

were riveted in with pop rivets... How do I re- pop rivet them in and still allow them to swing freely? I thought about a cardboard spacer but that would be too much trouble trying to remove the cardboard to free it back up.

For my $1 investment I hope to get this working. 1 hours work to make 3 of these pawls so not too bad while I'm waiting for some wood I got last week to acclimate to my shop.

Reply to
tiredofspam

Same idea, just use some shim stock that won't tear instead of the cardboard--it won't have to go around the rivet, just on one side so can pull it out.

--

Reply to
dpb

Maybe a paper clip? Nice sturdy needle driver you have.

Reply to
G.W. Ross

Reply to
tiredofspam

Use the old fashioned rivets that you pein with a hammer

Reply to
F Murtz

OT not wood. Tap the hole. Use machine screw. Adjust as needed. Use thread lock on the screw. Problem solved. WW

Reply to
WW

Not possible. this is thin sheet metal.

I wound up taking a totaly different approach. I used some 6-32 T-Nuts, and removed the barbs, drilled them out, lowered the barrel height. They wound up being washers, and limiters... worked like a charm.

Reply to
tiredofspam