low angle block plane

The $50 difference between the L-N and Veritas block planes makes me wonder if there is any performance difference. Users have any pros-cons? Much appreciated
Iron vs. heavier bronze? Don't really favor one over the other, personally. Iron done right is OK.
I do _love_ the lateral limiting screws for the LV blade, and the A2 has been a good steel.
So weight to LN, use to LV.

wonder if

To be honest, I've never bothered with them on my LV block plane, but I found them wonderful to getting the blade perfectly centered on my LV shoulder plane. The blade is almost exactly the same width as the body, so even a tiny mis-alignment means it binds on one side or the other. The screws made it a snap to get right.

Isn't that the point ? because they're there, you don;t need to adjust them. If they weren't there, the mouth walls would need to be wider and the iron would have the potential for going out of adjustment. As it is, then they fit snugly and there's no room for misalignment to arise.
-- Do whales have krillfiles ?