Looking for someone who makes small barrels & kegs

Page 2 of 2
kyboy wrote: | Morris Dovey wrote: || kyboy wrote: ||| I am looking for someone who makes small wooden barrels and kegs. ||| Please contact me if you know of anyone. || || Post your question here - expect to read the answer here. || || I know of an Amish group here in Iowa that makes white oak barrels || for customers around the world... || || It'd have helped a lot to know what you mean when you say "small". || Does that mean less than a hundred gallons or does it mean || something that'll fit on a toy train? || | 1 liter up to 30 gallons
That helps a lot. One sounds pretty small (but I don't know that it's /too/ small), but 30 gallons sounds reasonable. The group is located in SE Iowa - possibly near Ottumwa. There was an article describing their operation in the Des Moines Register (www.DesMoinesRegister.com) a while back. If you have difficulty finding the article, you can use the "contact" link on their home page.

One of the sites mentioned has barrels starting at 1 gallon in size. They also have tents. You have to go to the middle of the PDF catalog to find the barrels.

Page 87 of the Panther Primitives catalog to be exact, but it's a lot of fun to get there. Great company. I've been buying stuff from them for over 20 years now, including two of their wooden kegs.
Their canvas products (Sunforger) are excellent, and made in their shop.
Regards, Roy
kyboy wrote:

Much more fun to make your own.
kyboy wrote:

Couple of neat things about wooden barrels.
1. One person can easily roll and navigate a standard barrel.
2. One person can rock the barrel with increasing amplitude until it can be set upright.
Sun, Jul 1, 2007, 2:57pm (EDT-1) snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com (HeyBub) doh sayeth: Couple of neat things about wooden barrels. 1. One person can easily roll and navigate a standard barrel. 2. One person can rock the barrel with increasing amplitude until it can be set upright.
1. That based on experience, or theory? 2. They say anything is possible, but I wouldn't want to be in the immediate area when you try that one. Or you talking about an empty barrel?
JOAT If a man does his best, what else is there? - General George S. Patton