Looking for someone who makes small barrels & kegs

I am looking for someone who makes small wooden barrels and kegs. Please contact me if you know of anyone.

Thank you

Reply to
kyboy

Finding the keyboard operational kyboy entered:

A friend of mine uses these barrels for coffee.

--Coffee worth staying up for - NY Times

The Other Funk

Fri, Jun 29, 2007, 11:11am snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com (kyboy) doth burble: I am looking for someone who makes small wooden barrels and kegs. Please contact me if you know of anyone.

OK, I know of someone. Now what?

JOAT If a man does his best, what else is there?

- General George S. Patton

Reply to
J T

Fri, Jun 29, 2007, 3:50pm (EDT+4) snipped-for-privacy@moondoggie.com (The=A0Other=A0Funk) doth disclose: A friend of mine uses these barrels for coffee.

That much coffee can't be healthy.

JOAT If a man does his best, what else is there?

- General George S. Patton

Reply to
J T

If you need water tight kegs, d/l this catalog:

might also google for wine making suppliers. They also sell new and used kegs.

Regards, Roy

Reply to
Roy

kyboy wrote in news:56e3b$46852103$4b75cb22$21913 @ALLTEL.NET:

I know where to get some about 3/8" tall and 1/8" in diameter. Small enough?

Puckdropper

Reply to
Puckdropper

Finding the keyboard operational J T entered:

It depends on if you are drinking for taste or for effect. :) Actually it's for retail sales, not personal consumption. Bob

--

-- Coffee worth staying up for - NY Times

The Other Funk

The only place I know of (there must be several more) is the Cooper Shop at Old Sturbridge Village, Mass.

Pete Stanaitis

-------------------

kyboy wrote:

Reply to
spaco

Whoops! Colonial Williamsburg, too.

Pete Stanaitis

---------------------

kyboy wrote:

Reply to
spaco

I know that Cooper Shop... It's way more interesting to me than my wife.

Along those lines, but possibly more easily contacted, the OP could pose the question to Adam Cherubini, c/o the "Popular Woodworking" magazine website. Maybe he'd know of a professional cooper.

Adam demonstrates and teaches traditional, as in really old skool, techniques at Colonial Williamsburg. Even though I use machines and hand tools, I always find great value in Adam's columns on how flat flat has to be, stock selection, etc...

**
**

B A R R Y

Fri, Jun 29, 2007, 11:32pm (EDT+4) snipped-for-privacy@moondoggie.com (The=A0Other=A0Funk) explaineth: It depends on if you are drinking for taste or for effect. :) Actually it's for retail sales, not personal consumption. Bob

Ah. I thought you meant someone was drinking coffee out of one, instead of a cup. Course I did use to use a half liter beer mug as a coffee cup. Next life I'll use a one liter.

JOAT If a man does his best, what else is there?

- General George S. Patton

Reply to
J T

try this one, The Cooperage, div of the woodmill inc. p.o. box 348 640 chinook ave. sw. avon, mn 56310 ph. 320 356 7125 email snipped-for-privacy@cloudnet.com hand crafted wooden barrels, as far as i know their still making barrels, i used to supply them with some lumber for barrel making. ross

Ross Hebeisen

Last night, I watched a TiVo'd episode of "Dirty Jobs" that visited a commercial cooper! Unfortunately, a google search does not turn up the name of the shop. However, it did return this:

**
**

B A R R Y

kyboy wrote: | I am looking for someone who makes small wooden barrels and kegs. | Please contact me if you know of anyone.

Post your question here - expect to read the answer here.

I know of an Amish group here in Iowa that makes white oak barrels for customers around the world...

It'd have helped a lot to know what you mean when you say "small". Does that mean less than a hundred gallons or does it mean something that'll fit on a toy train?

Morris Dovey

Next step, let me know who it is.

Reply to
kyboy

Way too small. I need usable size

Reply to
kyboy

1 liter up to 30 gallons
Reply to
kyboy

kyboy wrote: | Morris Dovey wrote: || kyboy wrote: ||| I am looking for someone who makes small wooden barrels and kegs. ||| Please contact me if you know of anyone. || || Post your question here - expect to read the answer here. || || I know of an Amish group here in Iowa that makes white oak barrels || for customers around the world... || || It'd have helped a lot to know what you mean when you say "small". || Does that mean less than a hundred gallons or does it mean || something that'll fit on a toy train? || | 1 liter up to 30 gallons

That helps a lot. One sounds pretty small (but I don't know that it's /too/ small), but 30 gallons sounds reasonable. The group is located in SE Iowa - possibly near Ottumwa. There was an article describing their operation in the Des Moines Register

a while back. If you have difficulty finding the article, you can use the "contact" link on their home page.

Morris Dovey

Sat, Jun 30, 2007, 9:08am snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com (kyboy) doth burble: Next step, let me know who it is.

No. Next step is, you let us know all the details you never bothered with in the first place. Sizes wanted, what you want them for, etc., etc.

JOAT If a man does his best, what else is there?

- General George S. Patton

Reply to
J T

One of the sites mentioned has barrels starting at 1 gallon in size. They also have tents. You have to go to the middle of the PDF catalog to find the barrels.

Reply to
Maxwell Lol