Looking for someone who makes small barrels & kegs

Page 1 of 2
I am looking for someone who makes small wooden barrels and kegs. Please contact me if you know of anyone.
Thank you
Finding the keyboard operational kyboy entered:

A friend of mine uses these barrels for coffee. http://www.mainebucket.com/public /
Coffee worth staying up for - NY Times
Fri, Jun 29, 2007, 3:50pm (EDT+4) snipped-for-privacy@moondoggie.com (TheOtherFunk) doth disclose: A friend of mine uses these barrels for coffee. http://www.mainebucket.com/public /
That much coffee can't be healthy.
JOAT If a man does his best, what else is there? - General George S. Patton
Finding the keyboard operational J T entered:

Actually it's for retail sales, not personal consumption. Bob
Coffee worth staying up for - NY Times
Fri, Jun 29, 2007, 11:32pm (EDT+4) snipped-for-privacy@moondoggie.com (TheOtherFunk) explaineth: It depends on if you are drinking for taste or for effect. :) Actually it's for retail sales, not personal consumption. Bob
Ah. I thought you meant someone was drinking coffee out of one, instead of a cup. Course I did use to use a half liter beer mug as a coffee cup. Next life I'll use a one liter.
JOAT If a man does his best, what else is there? - General George S. Patton
Fri, Jun 29, 2007, 11:11am snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com (kyboy) doth burble: I am looking for someone who makes small wooden barrels and kegs. Please contact me if you know of anyone.
OK, I know of someone. Now what?
JOAT If a man does his best, what else is there? - General George S. Patton
J T wrote:

Sat, Jun 30, 2007, 9:08am snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com (kyboy) doth burble: Next step, let me know who it is.
No. Next step is, you let us know all the details you never bothered with in the first place. Sizes wanted, what you want them for, etc., etc.
JOAT If a man does his best, what else is there? - General George S. Patton
If you need water tight kegs, d/l this catalog:
http://pantherprimitives.com/catalog.html
You might also google for wine making suppliers. They also sell new and used kegs.
Regards, Roy

I know where to get some about 3/8" tall and 1/8" in diameter. Small enough?
Puckdropper

Puckdropper wrote:

The only place I know of (there must be several more) is the Cooper Shop at Old Sturbridge Village, Mass.
Pete Stanaitis -------------------
kyboy wrote:

I know that Cooper Shop... It's way more interesting to me than my wife. <G>
Along those lines, but possibly more easily contacted, the OP could pose the question to Adam Cherubini, c/o the "Popular Woodworking" magazine website. Maybe he'd know of a professional cooper.
Adam demonstrates and teaches traditional, as in really old skool, techniques at Colonial Williamsburg. Even though I use machines and hand tools, I always find great value in Adam's columns on how flat flat has to be, stock selection, etc...
Whoops! Colonial Williamsburg, too.
Pete Stanaitis ---------------------
kyboy wrote:

try this one, The Cooperage, div of the woodmill inc. p.o. box 348 640 chinook ave. sw. avon, mn 56310 ph. 320 356 7125 email snipped-for-privacy@cloudnet.com hand crafted wooden barrels, as far as i know their still making barrels, i used to supply them with some lumber for barrel making. ross www.highislandexport.com

Last night, I watched a TiVo'd episode of "Dirty Jobs" that visited a commercial cooper! Unfortunately, a google search does not turn up the name of the shop. However, it did return this:
<http://www.thebarrelmill.com/store/prodcat.aspx
i think you may find that Barry's search coming up with the barrelmill would be the same place i mentioned. the website speaks of minnesota white oak. ross
On Sat, 30 Jun 2007 17:13:55 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (Ross Hebeisen) wrote:

Could be. How many of those places can be left that use Minnesota White Oak?
kyboy wrote: | I am looking for someone who makes small wooden barrels and kegs. | Please contact me if you know of anyone.
Post your question here - expect to read the answer here.
I know of an Amish group here in Iowa that makes white oak barrels for customers around the world...
It'd have helped a lot to know what you mean when you say "small". Does that mean less than a hundred gallons or does it mean something that'll fit on a toy train?