Looking for input on Incra T S fence system

Hey folks, Have been searching for a real good fence system and a new T.S. . I spotted this Incra system and am looking to see if anyone has any working knowledge of this system, first hand. Here is a link to the system I am interested in. TIA for any and all input.

gepitto_

This review may help you:

Dean Bielanowski Editor, Online Tool Reviews

www

I've got an older version of this setup and love it. The TS fence is rock solid and has absolute dead on, repeatable accuracy every time. I love the fine adjust screw for sneaking up on a cut. If you want to make a cut of 5

3/8" + .002, you can do it. The one downside is you cannot make any jigs that fit over the fence and slide along it as the fence is "T" shaped. However, there are T-slots in several places for jigs that use them.

The router fence is likewise as rock solid, accurate and tunable with a fine adjust screw. On mine, the one thing I hate is you have to use an Incra special screwdriver (it's actually a ball end hex wrench) to move the split fence close to and away from the bit. Not a big deal except that loosening the four screws to do this also affects the zeroing of the fences to each other and you may screw that up and end up with a "jointer" effect - i.e., one fence shallower than the other.

You must locate your router table on the left wing and have the long base arms to avoid removing the fence to move between sawing and routing operations. I have my router on the right and have to remove the fence and flip it around. That only takes about 30 seconds and does not require any tools. It always reinstalls in exactly the same place for sawing so you don't lose any calibration.

Bob

Reply to
bob

| Hey folks, | Have been searching for a real good fence system and a | new T.S. . I spotted this Incra system and am looking to see if | anyone has any working knowledge of this system, first hand. Here | is a link to the system I am interested in. TIA for any and all | input. |

have one and like it really well. If you follow the link below, then "Simple Outfeed Table" or "Miscellaneous" links have some photos.

Morris Dovey