LOML Gloat

As I was typing out my previous (jointer) post and concomitant whine, LOML said, "You know, your 65th birthday is next month. Why don't you order that Grizzly jointer you were talking about." (We're talking G0500.)
"That's goin' on a kilobuck set down in the driveway", says I.
"OK"
"And it gets you off the hook for my giftie, huh?"
"Yup"
She's a keeper all right.
    mahalo,     jo4hn

65? You're old enough to be my father!
(Say hi to Mom, and remind her my birthday's June 2, 'kay?)
;-)
--
Was that last sig line lame or what?

Boy I'll say she is. BTW Happy early B-Day. Puff

Congrats on the double gloat!
--
Greg

"jo4hn" wrote in message ...

She'd say the same about you. Happy birthday.
Bob

what is a kilobuck set?

cost in neighborhood of $1000. dropped off in driveway good for you jo4hn

kilo - Thousand buck - US Dollar set - Act of truck driver removing the incredibly heavy carton from the truck and laying it down in your driveway where you will need six friends to drag it into your shop. I would guess the reference is used to note that the cost of a Grizzly machine goes up materially with the addition of their flat shipping rates.
Cheers Joe
BIG JOE wrote:

Cost is $800 plus a mobile base $70 plus extra knives $40 (?) plus shipping $75 plus a lift gate service $25 plus a charge for whatever my attitude might be by the time it gets here. :-)     mahalo,     jo4hn
Sounds good John! I also am getting the G0500 for my bday. 31st. I'll be taking delivery tomorrow! I'm looking forward to it. Happy B-day to you and enjoy your jointer. I'll post my thoughts on it once I get er set up and hummin.