LOML Gloat

As I was typing out my previous (jointer) post and concomitant whine, LOML said, "You know, your 65th birthday is next month. Why don't you order that Grizzly jointer you were talking about." (We're talking G0500.)

"That's goin' on a kilobuck set down in the driveway", says I.

"OK"

"And it gets you off the hook for my giftie, huh?"

"Yup"

She's a keeper all right.

mahalo, jo4hn

Reply to
jo4hn

65? You're old enough to be my father!

(Say hi to Mom, and remind her my birthday's June 2, 'kay?)

;-)

Reply to
Dave Balderstone

Boy I'll say she is. BTW Happy early B-Day. Puff

Reply to
Puff Griffis

Congrats on the double gloat!

Reply to
Greg Millen

She'd say the same about you. Happy birthday.

Bob

Reply to
Bob Schmall

what is a kilobuck set?

Reply to
Mike in Mystic

cost in neighborhood of $1000. dropped off in driveway good for you jo4hn

Reply to
Frank Ketchum

Sounds good John! I also am getting the G0500 for my bday. 31st. I'll be taking delivery tomorrow! I'm looking forward to it. Happy B-day to you and enjoy your jointer. I'll post my thoughts on it once I get er set up and hummin.

Reply to
rob

kilo - Thousand buck - US Dollar set - Act of truck driver removing the incredibly heavy carton from the truck and laying it down in your driveway where you will need six friends to drag it into your shop. I would guess the reference is used to note that the cost of a Grizzly machine goes up materially with the addition of their flat shipping rates.

Cheers Joe

Reply to
BIG JOE

Cost is $800 plus a mobile base $70 plus extra knives $40 (?) plus shipping $75 plus a lift gate service $25 plus a charge for whatever my attitude might be by the time it gets here. :-) mahalo, jo4hn

Reply to
jo4hn