Local Hardwood Yard????

Page 2 of 2
Interesting. I just tried woodfinder .com, but the nearest non-woodcraft store listed was 42miles away, while I know there is a good yard closer than the woodcraft, that I've used before. Guess the dealers have to list themselves?
John
John Thompson wrote:

If I do a search on my zip code (87801), only the "Woodcraft" shows up as local (83 miles). The next are in different states (next closest is 160 miles followed by 300+ miles).
I actually know of 3 more in the local (< 100 mile) area that woodfinder does not know about.
-Bruce
On Wed, 15 Oct 2003 11:39:26 -0500, John Thompson

I just looked as well and, likewise, they list my closest store at 42 miles. Of course, all the lumberyards that I actually use are within 10-15 miles and aren't listed.
Be careful of getting what you ask for. I made the mistake of going to two local places (Crosscuts and Gilmer, type in 97212 in woodfinder zip code) and it caused me to really change the way I think about woodworking. Must have been the 36" wide 8/4 old growth fir planks, or the 24/4 purpleheart. I was much happier when I only knew about 4/4 s4s at HD. Now I have a newly wired garage full of expensive steel.