Let's talk about dovetails

Page 2 of 2

snipped-for-privacy@nospam.earthlink.net says...

(Dts? that doesn't sound right :-))
says...

On the other hand, DTs could explain a lot about the folks that never seem to figure this out. ;~)
John
On Tue, 24 Jan 2006 17:44:06 GMT, with neither quill nor qualm, "John

That and those bassackwards Tail-Firsters confusing things. ;)
- This product cruelly tested on defenseless furry animals - -------------------------------------------------------- http://diversify.com Web App & Database Programming
Have you had a look a tthe free dovetail template generator at http://www.blocklayer.com/Woodjoints/DovetailEng.aspx It will draw the template of the tails for you.
LDR (Larry)wrote:

Where were you when I posted the link to my notes every month or so since I did them a year or two ago? They even show up in a Google search.

My version was more like Skoobie Do - Huuuuuuh!?

What you think you know is only verified when you try and apply it. Mr. Klausz is a good teacher and even though he goes through the steps three or more times in the tape there's a lot of fine points that are important but easily overlooked.
When I try something new that's a bit more complicated than it first appears to be, I start making notes to myself. Being basically a visual person, there's usueally a lot of illustrations. When I'm done I understant things a lot better and have the notes to fall back on if and when I need them again. Since the notes are done on my computer (a Mac), putting them up on the web where other poor souls can find them doesn't take much additional work.
If you found the dovetail stuff useful you might want to check out the mortise and tenon primer
http://home.comcast.net/~charliebcz/MTPrimer0.html
And if you have a table saw, the Kickback info may give you a better undestanding of how and why it tries to kill you with a flying projectile from stime to time
http://home.comcast.net/~charliebcz/KickBack1.html
Fun stuff this woodworking thing
charlie b