Left or right tilt tablesaw?

Page 2 of 2

Choices choices choices... I resolved the toilet paper issue. Roll it from the top towards you. The peanut butter issue is leaning towards crunchy.
...back to our regular programming:
At one point, I had both a LT and a RT. When cutting strips with bevels on them, I either flipped the fence on the UniSaur or walked over to the SCM. Trapping stuff between the fence and the blade must be avoided at all costs. When you focus on what you're doing, either saw will be fine. IMHO, there are WAY more important things to look at when choosing a saw.
Good luck!
Choices choices choices... I resolved the toilet paper issue. Roll it from the top towards you.
Wrong, think of a cat.

LOL..I get the visual. Okay, I sit corrected. <G>

Actually, that's worse. Rolling from the front, my cat pulls down about 20' and plays with that. Rolling from the back, she keeps it rolling like a speed bag while shredding off little bits all over the place. What good is a roll of toilet paper when the centre of the roll has its centre torn out about an inch deep? She's an eight month old adult sized kitten. The solution is to close doors. Figured I'd won when I had her nails trimmed. Now she's learned that what she can't climb, she can jump onto. I'd say about every month she's added 6" of jumping confidence to her repertoire. Only effective deterrent is the water gun or the spray bottle and she's usually long gone as soon as I reach to grab it.
I'm doomed!
Well, I am upgrading to a cabinet saw for various reasons and leaning towards the Left tilt. Peanut butter oth is definately smooth for me and can sometimes affect the toilet paper issue....
Thanks!
Bryan
If you mount it that way, the cats unroll it. I'm with you on the peanut butter though.

I think far too much is made of this phenomena. I recently switched to RT on a vintage Unisaw after 30 years of LT on my faithfull Craftsman. Mox Nix, it means nothing, can you say... transparent after the first or second bevel cut? And then... how often are you beveling anyway?